afraid of waxing

tracklayer

Car
2012 Cmax titanium
i dont know what ime doin but i will try again.r.e.afraid of AFRAID OF WAXING AND POLISHING,my fault that you misunderstood,should have kept it shorter and to the point......... Just had a new Cmax in lunar sky and am afraid of waxing and polishing it in case i put swirling marks all over it as ive done before.what are the best waxes polishes and sealants for the job and which do i use without swirling and how,read somewhere only to use sealants on metallics.:embarrest::embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:.

Have you read our article on the difference between polish and wax? On a new car id use collonite wax which gives the paint a lot of protection.

The tiny swirls happen during cleaning and washing and I recommend that you use a lambswool mitt instead of a sponge.

Most polishes can create swirls when applied by hand. Wax=coating polish=abrasive

I hope this helps.

the only way youll get swirals by waxing is by using too hard a cloth to do it with. get some foam applicators off even ebay to apply the wax and some soft microfibers to take it off.

polishing by hand your lucky to do any damage with most of the stuff youll buy in most places. best polish for hand use. Autoglym super resin polish. its a heavy filler polish so will mask any swirals you do inflict on the car.

as waynne has said the swirals are inflicted by poor washing technique and even those who take alot of pride in there paintwork will have some light swiraling

There is something that I use to make my car shine without marks, but I would need one of you guys to verify that it doesn't damage the paintwork, and that is furniture polish. After making sure the car has been cleaned and t-cutted, I spray the polish on and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth.

i dont know what ime doin but i will try again.r.e.afraid of AFRAID OF WAXING AND POLISHING,my fault that you misunderstood,should have kept it shorter and to the point......... Just had a new Cmax in lunar sky and am afraid of waxing and polishing it in case i put swirling marks all over it as ive done before.what are the best waxes polishes and sealants for the job and which do i use without swirling and how,read somewhere only to use sealants on metallics.:embarrest::embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:.
I hate, with a passion, having to wash my car, I even bought a smaller one, thinking it would be easier... Pah! How wrong was I. I must point out my lungs are screwed and my hearts not great these days, but no excuses right.... In the end I had my car ceramic coated, and pay a young lad to come and wash it for me once a fortnight under supervision... Utter Bliss.

However since winter set in my beautiful shiny white Fabia looks like an R5 that's just finished the Welsh forest section... But I also know, a good careful wash and it will look like new again.

Best grand I ever spent
G-Technique, do it.

If it does not have dull, oxidized paint on it, all it needs is something like I use, Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. It will clean very light oxidation and stuff, but easy to apply and wipe. Then use car shampoo and the multi-fingered microfiber glove to wash, with a synthetic chamois to dry. Here is my 11 year old paint job. 1611340440360.jpeg
If it needs more, use a clay bar until it feels as slippery as teflon, then apply the wax.
Back in March, at the start of the lockdown, I clay-bared and removed tar and 8 years of off-roading grub from my Grand Cherokee. and my wife's Outlander with 11 years of neglect (she loves to just spray water on it, or use dish detergent, never drying).1611340639542.jpeg
1611340788584.jpeg