Aerotop Supra

T

tomlinm02

Hi all, could do with some of your expert advice as there is plenty of it on thi site. Could someone please tell me the maximum potential of one of these non-turbo models. I spent 6 months looking for an unmolested Impreza that i drive evryday. Id like to buy a supra as a project and keep it for many years. I love the aerotops but the reliability and tuning potential of the twin turbo is stressing me out. There are some real hardtop non turbo bargains out there, but if i can get the performance out of the N/A engine id rather keep my eyes open for the right aerotop. Am i doing the right thing or should I just get a twin turbo? Thanks in advance

Hi all, could do with some of your expert advice as there is plenty of it on thi site. Could someone please tell me the maximum potential of one of these non-turbo models. I spent 6 months looking for an unmolested Impreza that i drive evryday. Id like to buy a supra as a project and keep it for many years. I love the aerotops but the reliability and tuning potential of the twin turbo is stressing me out. There are some real hardtop non turbo bargains out there, but if i can get the performance out of the N/A engine id rather keep my eyes open for the right aerotop. Am i doing the right thing or should I just get a twin turbo? Thanks in advance

If you want brute power then go twin turbo.. But if it's reliabilty then go N/A..... The supra can still get good power gain from the N/A engine...

Find a good T.T. there's nothing wrong with reliability if they are looked after, serviced regularly and properly.
The sheer cost of getting an N/A anywhere the power of a T.T. is in my opinion a waste of money when you can start with decent power on an engine designed to take it.
The biggest problem with big Jap cars is that because the prices have dropped, lots of people think they can addord one, they forget to think about running costs, cheap bits do not work. To run a big 3 litre car costs money, money lots of people don't have so the cars get neglected on essential items.
These are the bags of crap that are responsible for getting the decent cars a bad name and ultimately dropping the prices even further.
Don't rush into buying one, take your time and find the right one. Have a look on the owners club, there may be a good example or two for sale. The beauty of buying from an owners club is that you can look back through the history of the car/owner and get a good idea of what has been done, or what if anything has happened to the car.
Buying blind with limited history can be very vague and down to pot luck or some salesman who will polish a turd just to get a sale.
Welcome to the site and good luck with your search.

if you want a tt aero then i know a man who has just bought one to sell, just put a huge front mount intercooler,,, he buys and sells, does them up and buys crashed supras off insurance companys to sell parts. he is my brother in law and called jon... he has lots of stuff on ebay as well as two supras he is currently selling type in PARTRIDGEZX in the community bit to find what he is selling and take a look at his things.
lee

Go with the Twin Turbo they are so much better to tune than the NASP. Be very picky and take your time, look for a loved example with a forced sale due to moving abroad or new baby. As has already been said a cared for example is very reliable, overall this car is more reliable than any car with similar power figures.