Advice.

sidthefrog

Wrench Pro
Car
VW T25 & Landrover
Hey guy's (and gals) I want some advice on scoobies as I am thinking of purchasing one. Tips and pointers as to the models to avoid and running costs in general.
Ta!

Top the the range Scoobie is = to bottom of the range Evo! Fact :p:D

Need I say more?

Avoid bargin priced ones. 2003 WRX STI model has been known for clutch issues (have known two people and both have had the clutch go at 40,000 miles) apart from that, don't know much els. Sorry.

What year were you looking at - how does your budget shape up? Is it going to do a lot of miles? All are pretty reliable and bullet proof. Will you be tuning it up?

whilst a scooby would not be my choice the first thing you must do is to sort a budget. That will determine your choice of possible cars.

As with most performance cars the first models always have a premium so unless you really need a P1 dont bother looking at them.

research is the key find the differences between the models and buy the best you can afford. A well maintained older car will be a much better bet in the long run than a much later dog.

And if you intend modding one get one which has already been done good as its far cheaper that way.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back