Advice on Diesel Tuning

ocddj

Car
Vauxhall Corsa Dsxi
I am looking into tuning my diesel to make it a bit more powerful, I was wondering if I could get some advice as to whats out there?

I drive a 1.7 CDTi common rail engine with 125 bhp?

Cheers

Nick

An ECU remap can get some pretty good results, when I talked to the guys at Angel Tuning, they reckoned they could up the power from about 110 bhp to nearly 150, and torque from 185 lb ft to nearly 250! Thats for the VAG standard 1.9 TDi, not sure what is to be had from Vauxhall engines, it should give a good bit though! I think that was about £400 or £500 for the remap, that was last year so don't know if the prices have changed much!

Yea im thinking a remap or a DPT tuning box, problem is because I have a DENSO engine not many places can remap my car easily.

Im thinkin of doin some engine modifications first and then remapping to suit.

Go for the remap no the tuning box. You will find someone that will custom remap your car on the rollers rather than an off the shelf remap.

The CDTi engines are Fiat derived and easily tuned via the diagnostic (EBD2) port.

A proper remap is vastly superior to any tuning 'box'.

Follow Tn69's advice and get it done properly.

Are we talking about a Vauxhall car?

The CDTi engines are Fiat derived and easily tuned via the diagnostic (EBD2) port.

A proper remap is vastly superior to any tuning 'box'.

Follow Tn69's advice and get it done properly.

Are we talking about a Vauxhall car?

That is correct, a corsa D 07

A sensible remap will see about 150bhp and getting on for 250lbft of torque.

Celtic Tuning would be my first port of call to be honest. They can also fine tune throttle (although diesels don't have one, as such) response rates etc. to suit your own style of driving.