Advice on completely upgrading interior?

jordon1

Car
Corsa 2002 Club
I got a Corsa club 2002 model im thinking about taking off the front console & respraying it matt black & fitting some LED lights for the dash. Does anybody know if i can take the dashboard off so i can respray? My plan is to gradually respray the whole front of the interior including door handles. If anyone has any suggestions/advice on what i can do?

Would appriciate it:)

Welcome! Have you given 'flocking' the dash any thought? Looks much better than spraying in a different colour, more professional and a finish alot of motorsports users have. As for LEDs it'll depend on what you have in mind and not to over do it imo. I'm sure there are alot of Corsa peeps in here who can steer you in the right direction on dash removal, shouldn't be too hard.

Welcome! Have you given 'flocking' the dash any thought? Looks much better than spraying in a different colour, more professional and a finish alot of motorsports users have. As for LEDs it'll depend on what you have in mind and not to over do it imo. I'm sure there are alot of Corsa peeps in here who can steer you in the right direction on dash removal, shouldn't be too hard.

Sorry i have to admit that i dont know what "flocking" means could you help me out:D

Thanks

getflocked are a well known, yea dont spray it can look tacky, you can get carbon dash kits which when done properly can look good, also parts from a higher model help ;) is it the exclusive which is top model?

Go to a breakers yard and find an SRI then rummage for the interior. I had the Corsa B but iirc the sxi/sri had different dials, gearknob and trim parts. Not sure about your seats but the sxi/sri might have better bolster support.

Flocking is a good idea, will cost you around £110 for the entire dash. And you could accent that with vinyl to cover existing trim (3M DI-NOC is good) or if you intend to re-spray make sure you do it properly with keying, thin coats and lacquering.

There are refurnishing companies that would be happy to cover your all seats in faux leather or different colours to suit you theme (if you have one yet ;) )

Replacing all of the dash/heater panel/instrument panel bulbs with LEDs is a quick interior enhancement and gives you an option of choosing the colour. I replaced my dial bulbs with green LEDs and loved them, your options are pretty much endless.

Check the web for guides on removing trim parts and happy modding! Welcome to the site by the way, have a look around to find interior ideas and keep us posted on how you get on

A friend of mine had his whole interior done in flock and it did look really cool.

The only reason I don't fancy that is what would it look like when it wears, and keeping it clean. I often have oily hands :lol: Just don't fancy it myself.