Adding NoS nitrous oxide to boost power gains.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Giggle gas - something to put a smile on your face. "Giggle Gas - Nitrous Oxide (N20) the power button!" NB: NoS is a brand name of a company but many confuse this with the name of the gas Dinitrous Monoxide AKA – Nitrous Oxide N20, Dinitrous Monoxide, Dinitrogen oxide also referred to as Nitrous […]

Continue reading... or post your comments below on this article.

I added this to my Diesel.....yes I know what you are going to say but think about it....
Diesel engines are built with much higher cylinder pressures in mind and have thicker blocks.
Adding nos to a system can be tricky but done right will roughly return approx half of what ever sized jet you fit, i.e 100 shot would give approx 50 bhp.
I had my car mapped and it would run rich, i.e black sooty smoke but when nos was on it would lean out so no smoke
Set up was boot mounted bottle, micro switch under the throttle and an arming switch under the dash so could never be activated by accident and a single jet fitted between the I/C and inlet manifold. Only "On" at full throttle so short duration bursts and worked very well! lol.
Also brought a bottle heater, remote bottle tap and a pressure gauge (still got the latter if anyone is interested)
Drag strip use only as too unpredictable for road use and insurance company notified of fitment and special policy granted.
Cost is pretty good and gives good value bang for your buck, I had a street blaster 150 kit (dry) single injector for diesel but for petrol cars you'll need a wet kit to add fuel during nos injection, Mine was fitted but Tony Morgan from Barrow-in- Furness who sadly passed away last year and we lost a truly great guy who ran a supercharged Jensen interceptor mk 3.

Giggle gas - something to put a smile on your face. "Giggle Gas - Nitrous Oxide (N20) the power button!" NB: NoS is a brand name of a company but many confuse this with the name of the gas Dinitrous Monoxide AKA – Nitrous Oxide N20, Dinitrous Monoxide, Dinitrogen oxide also referred to as Nitrous […]

Continue reading... or post your comments below on this article.
That's because NOS is the name of the company. All capital letters.