adding a turbo tomy small engine

Hi sean and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you and it is good that you are already asking for tips and advice.

My brother has a 1.2 Corsa and has been through a couple of idle control valves already! (A common fault on these so look out for it!) Although his is much older than yours.

The 1.2 engine would not cope with a turbo, firstly the compression ratio and power gained would cause detonation issues. Secondly the cost involved in getting a turbo to work would be prohibitive (£3k +) For less money than this you could drop in a more powerful SXI engine.

Sadly though I guess the cost of insurance would be prohibitive whether you modified your car with a turbo or added a bigger engine.

It is hard to say but you are really better off saving your money for you next car and getting something a bit bigger.

If you must do mods to your Corsa then stick to handling mods, brakes and suspension for example. At least the car will be fun to drive and safer.

As Waynne has said,the engine isn't strong enough.If you want to improve your car then upgrade the brakes and suspension.Bodykit wise you could look at RIEGER or STEINMETZ.

Good luck with your project.

can u add a turbo charger to a corsa d sxi 1.2 16v.

Yesh maaaye will take you a few hours though. Make sure you get a crossflow aluminium manifold with a T10 flange and you should be okay. The only other thing that really needs changing is an uprated sump plug to keep in the extra oil pressure. A double-reverse switching fuel pump will give you all the fuelling you ever need.

hello dude im just starting a 1.2 16v sxi project myself ill pass on any tips i get... let me know if you do wedge a turbo into it..... id be amazed lol!!!!

the engine is really the wrong type to take a turbo, compresiion is probably too high and the engine wont be designed to cope with the heat a turbo produces

But more to the point as its only 1.2 it will take ages to spool up anything but a small turbo

As said before bigger engine swop is the best option if you are going to keep the Corsa