Achintya's Wagon R

achintyamehrotra

Car
Suzuki Wagon R
Hi I have a 1.1L Suzuki Wagon R.I am thinking of instaliing an air intake system,a cold air intake,a fuel injector and a muffler tip. Is it advisable?

Hi Achintyamehrotra and welcome to TorqueCars. I would not put an induction kit on a 1.1 engine as you will lose low end power. Instead I would fit a panel air filter. I'm not sure what you mean by a fuel injector, could you explain further? Do you mean uprating the fuel injectors, converting the car to fuel injection, a fuel pressure boost valve or something else?

Thanks.Could you recommend me the performance parts for my 1.1L wagon R keeping in view that the power does not decrease nor does it do any harm to my engine? I have already put 13 inches semi chrome alloys. Please reply at the earliest.

Porting the head would make a difference and this would be relatively easy to do yourself. There is an article on polishing and porting on the main site. The idea is to grind away the head ports so it is a better match for the intake/exhaust manifolds. To be honest though a 1.1 engine is not going to show much of a power increase. You can spend 1000's on it and still only gain 10-15bhp.