Accord Type-R

JB22

Car
Honda Accord Sport
Hi guys! First post so be gentle!

Seriously considering purchasing a Type-R. The one I'm looking at is "W" plate with 105,000 miles on the clock.

I currently have 52 plate V-Tec Sport and I just wanted something with a bit more Ooomph!

Any advice on what to look out for or check before I buy would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Jonny

hey and welcome jonny

with any car look to make sure its been looked after : services done on time, timing bets been changed at least once as it shouldhave been changed arond 60k ( try and see if theyd be willing to change it again if you were to put down a deposit on the spot )

Hi Jonny and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along. As PG says, providing it has been serviced at the correct intervals you shouldn't have any trouble with it.

Listen for rattles in the top of the engine and make sure the gearbox is crisp and doesn't crunch.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I read somewhere about 5th gear synchro being dodgy? How would I look out for this?

yes, waynne is right,
and its usally 2nd to 3rd is where to look out for

as far as i know, they have the same gearbox as the prelude(the accord is 2.2 right??)

well that paticullar gearbox is fairly strong and dont tend to break, even if the car is screwed
also they have a tendency to be crunchy when the car is cold,
so when the car is warm, check for resistance and crunchy gear changes,
there shouldnt be any of them there