Accord Starting problem!

V6accord

Car
Accord 3L V6 Coupe
Hi all, can anyone help with an intermittent problem I'm experiencing on my 1999 3.0L V6 Accord?

Occasionally it won't start - the engine will turn over but won't even try to run, even using the flooded start procedure of depressing the accelerator pedal while keying the ignition. Spraying "EasyStart" spray into the intake works and the engine will then start and happily run all day without missing a beat. This problem has happened in a variety of situations ie warm or cool days, from a cold start or when it has previously been running. The car has recently had a full service including new sparkplugs and timing belt (the problem started prior to this). The car is currently on 137k miles and has always been totally reliable in the 4 years I've owned it.

As its an intermittent problem I guess it needs a trained technician to see it when the problem occurs, however there lies the catch 22!:confused: And I don't want to go down the road of "oh it may be this" and spend a small fortune just to find it hasn't cured the problem. (been there before, once bitten twice shy!:embarrest:)

Anyone had any experience of this, or any ideas what may be causing it? Its most unHondalike!
Cheers,
Martyn.

Welcome to TorqueCars mate. :)

Was the Ht leads replaced as well?
Is it distributor or wasted spark ignition?

Cheers!
No the leads weren't changed, but there seems to be a good spark present, and it runs perfectly when running for days before randomly doing it again! Admittedly I've not changed the dizzy contactor for that reason. Technical maintainance info seems hard to come by for this engine (Haynes don't cover it, and the 1998-2002 Accord service manual I have on disk doesn't either!)

Well, just got the car back from a week at my local Honda service centre, The said problem didn't happen the whole time the car was there! Typical! Speaking to the chief mechanic he suspects it COULD be the cold oxy sensor but certainly nothing concrete to go on. . . . the mystery continues!