Accidents.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Ok so in recent months there have been at least 5 or 6 fatal accidents around my area which makes me wonder really how some people get there licences? 2 of the incidents involved a car and a pedestrian.
Anybody else in another area noticed any increase in accidents?
There was one accident on the dual carriageway near me and one of the cars was unrecognisable due to the amount of damage.
I guess the reason for me posting this up is just a reminder for EVERYONE that accidents do and will happen but drive safely and responsibly and you should hopefully reduce the risk of having an accident.
Keep silly speeds to the circuit and other off road facilities and drive sensibly. I know I sound like i'm getting old but I do sometimes think that alot of drivers forget about the real dangers that come with driving.

I've had some write offs, my first one was a few month after passing my test, i drove into the back of another car at (what on impact would have been les then) 90mph (my eyes weren't on the speedo at the time Lol). I don't drive like that anymore I might add, I used to think yeh I might die but I don't care, it wasn't untill i hit the car and all I could think about was the people in the other car (who were fine BTW) that I realised it had nothing to do with me. As for how I passed my test, god knows, I failed first time for running a red light but second time round I was speeding and all sorts but they passed me :confused: (told me off though)

These days I would say I'm a good driver, I suppose you live and learn, just lucky that no one got hurt.

I will point out though that I never sped through towns/ villages, near schools etc.. I was never THAT much of a Tw@

Last edited:
With the best part of the population getting older & living longer expect more to come mate. :(
If I can invent an old codger avoidance system (O.C.A.S. look out for it in your car brochures!) I'll be minted! :toung::lol:

But some can be avoided.

Very true. I remember driving along the motorway once, cruising along quite happily. I noticed this 206 a few cars up undertaking, overtaking, generally driving rather dangerously. I thought to myself, 'I bet he crashes'. About 5 minutes later I saw the 206 on the side of the road with another car, both of which looked totalled.

Yea i wonder about that a lot too (damn middle-age women). Been close to getting overran tens of times in the local roundabout on my moped (yeah, i know...). I do speeding sometimes too but never caused an accident (knock on the wood :))

There was another fatal RCT on the A38 the other week involving a car and a cyclist. It didn't end very well i'm afraid. I think the driver was speeding and was under the influence of drink.

Quite a few for the county.

An idiot high on drugs and alcohol wiped himself and his mate out on Peafield Lane.

A guy in the south of the county tried overtaking in very poor visibility and killed himself and the driver of an oncoming car (fireballed, according to the paper).

They're recent ones I can remember.

Quite a few for the county.

An idiot high on drugs and alcohol wiped himself and his mate out on Peafield Lane.

A guy in the south of the county tried overtaking in very poor visibility and killed himself and the driver of an oncoming car (fireballed, according to the paper).

They're recent ones I can remember.

Heard about that one as well on Peafield Lane. Think it was one of my mates friends.
That Lane is terrible for accidents. There was one on there near Edwinstowe a few years ago involving an Impreza and that burst into flames Killing everyone in the car.:(:(