Accent handling upgrades

skajohyros

Car
Hyundai Accent
hey guys, i've got an Accent 1.3l. absolutely no guts in it and it feels like i'm in a boat with every turn.this is not so bad when the wife and kid are in the car as i drive tamely but just doesn't cut it when i'm trying to push the 1.3l :lol:
i want to make the boat steadier,have considered strut bar, sway bar, bushings and decided on lowering it first.

was thinking of Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein black(OE)? which are already on the car and fairly new.

is this set up going to have any problems?

thanks.

What tyres and tyre pressures are you running? This can make a big difference.

Which ones are on the car already, the Bilsteins?

hi waynne,
i'm running some michelin 175/70/13 at 28-29 psi, but would like some 195/50/15 later on.
it's the Bilstein which are already on. also, are any of the other upgrades i mentioned worth it or would lowering do the job?
will the bilstein cope with the lower spings?
thanx mate.

Last edited:
The mods you list are all sensible and will work well! I presume by sway bar you are talking about an anti roll bar.

Make sure the car is properly aligned and get the toe and camber checked. This alone can make a big difference to a cars handling and cornering.

It is also vital to match the dampers with the springs. There is a degree of tolerance between them but the best practice is that you replace both as a set.

I doubt a drop will make much difference to the handling TBH;)

so are you suggesting that i do the other mods and not lower it. can you explain why you believe lowering will not help handling(I'm very new to all this).from what i've read i thought it would help:confused: