About subaru ej152

Madhawa9

Car
Subaru impreza
I have subaru impreza with stock ej151 engine. That engine was gone and i put ej152 for that. So can i run it with my ej151 ecu? Is that possible? Because it's still not starting.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the Subaru engines, but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

Sometimes when you swap engines you also need to swap the sensors. Voltages and pulse differences sometimes apply to revised engines.

Putting the car on a diagnostic reader should hopefully show some error codes, and typically the crank sensor or air flow sensors will not be within expected parameters.

Basic things to check are fuel delivery and spark. As a precaution unlplug everything and plug it back in.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the Subaru engines, but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you.

Sometimes when you swap engines you also need to swap the sensors. Voltages and pulse differences sometimes apply to revised engines.

Putting the car on a diagnostic reader should hopefully show some error codes, and typically the crank sensor or air flow sensors will not be within expected parameters.

Basic things to check are fuel delivery and spark. As a precaution unlplug everything and plug it back in.
I already checked that. Before the time it's showing camshaft position sensor fault. After that one guy told me change the crankshaft timing wheel. And that fault is gone. But still not star.

Did you swap the cam and crank pulleys onto the new engine? I would have thought you would need the ECU from the EJ152

Air intake sensor is also worth checking, you must surely be getting an error code via the OBDII port?

Did you swap the cam and crank pulleys onto the new engine? I would have thought you would need the ECU from the EJ152

Air intake sensor is also worth checking, you must surely be getting an error code via the OBDII port?
Yes i swap cam and crank pulleys. That time i check the ignition and no response. After i put ej152 cam pulley and it's try to start. Sometimes it's starting but no acceleration and no fix idle. And also i have launch x431 and not showing any fault codes.

Ok so I've asked around and got conflicting information.

One person says you need to swap out all the sensors and cam pully to match the ECU you are using and it should work fine, they reminded us about the lambda and air manifold sensors as well.

Another person insists that you need the EJ152 ECU and EJ152 parts for this to work.

I tend to believe the first response.

ECU's sometimes need a reset and adjustment time to get used to the new setup, even changing a worn air flow sensor with a new efficient one can cause starting and running issues in some cases.

Sorry I can't be more conclusive than this, and if I find out anything new I will let you know.

Ok so I've asked around and got conflicting information.

One person says you need to swap out all the sensors and cam pully to match the ECU you are using and it should work fine, they reminded us about the lambda and air manifold sensors as well.

Another person insists that you need the EJ152 ECU and EJ152 parts for this to work.

I tend to believe the first response.

ECU's sometimes need a reset and adjustment time to get used to the new setup, even changing a worn air flow sensor with a new efficient one can cause starting and running issues in some cases.

Sorry I can't be more conclusive than this, and if I find out anything new I will let you know.
Ok thanks for helping me. I'll try and give you an update.

Please keep us posted, I'm sure lots of others are interested in the outcome here, especially judging by the number of reads this thread has had already.