A4 B5 2.4 V6... mods?

sam4191

Car
Audi A4 2.4 V6 (B5)
Hi guys,

Just bought a lovely A4 2.4 as my 2nd car, just ordered some 19's for it.

I want something that will enhance the V6 sound, though, I dont want anthing too loud, just 'beefy' with a bit of a 'burble'. lol.

would an induction kit help toward this?

Also, what can i do for a few extra horses?

A little far fetched maybe, but how easy , or cheap, is an upgrade to larger brakes, as standard ones may look a little small with the 19's.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot

Sam

A good and affordable mod would be to find the V6 twin turbo engine from one of the early S4's. My mate has a yekllow one, can't remember the exact engine size, thinks it's something like 2.6 or 2.7 or something but jesus it's quick. Can keep up with my scooby till we change into 3rd, then I just leave him. But great starting point as you will have a good bit of power to play with. HMMMM!!! 2 turbos to wind the boost up on, ok calm down mr badger lmao.

Last edited:
Hi Sam and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have another audi owner along. With 19's you might be able to get away with some Porsche disks/calipers in there! That would stop you!

An induction kit would add a nice roar and you should consider a Miltek sports exhaust as well.

Fast road cams, Fuel Boost valve, Supercharger, Nitrous, Balancing, porting & polishing the head, big valve conversion etc... the list is endless but the problem as always is how much are you willing to spend on it.

Hi Sam and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have another audi owner along. With 19's you might be able to get away with some Porsche disks/calipers in there! That would stop you!

An induction kit would add a nice roar and you should consider a Miltek sports exhaust as well.

Fast road cams, Fuel Boost valve, Supercharger, Nitrous, Balancing, porting & polishing the head, big valve conversion etc... the list is endless but the problem as always is how much are you willing to spend on it.

Thanks waynne, Porsche disks/ calipers.... sounds sweet, but expensive?

I have had lots of recommendations for Miltek, so may have to bite the bullet when I have the money!

All sounds very fun! To be honest, depends on how long I keep the car, hopefully will be a while. money is a little tight too, to be honest, though being the lifeless car freak I am, anything is possible... with time... lol. I'm only 18, so to have a car like this at my age is quite special, I think.

As with the fuel boost valve, fast Road cams, Port & polish and blancing... how much and what difference would these make?

thanks alot for your help!

Sam

just for info

if your needing the whole brake set up
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=3680&xSec=983
£915 - for discs, carriers, hoses, callipers and pads

or for £230 for the carriers and hoses if youve alreay got the 312mm discs
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=6818&xSec=138

Love the look of those Brakes! Alot of money:blink:, though not as much as i had thought.
Thanks alot for those links Pgarner, very helpful! :D

25-30bhp. hmm... don't quite know what I was expecting, but it's not much, is it? lol. well, would take it to 190-195bhp though...

Are there any parts from, say, the 2.8, s4, or Rs4 that could be used to up power a little, or is this not really feasable?

If you want some Porsche brakes on the cheap then try your local breakers yard, you just need to check offsets and clearances and make sure the stud patterns match or can easily be made to match.

You can always get parts from the RS4 or similar, I think the suspension setup is different on those but brakes and other components should be compatible.;)

that was what the second link was for sorry forgot to mention that the calipers arnt included. you need to source them yourself from a boxster.
like badger said the 2.7 twin turbo could be nicly put in there

If you want some Porsche brakes on the cheap then try your local breakers yard, you just need to check offsets and clearances and make sure the stud patterns match or can easily be made to match.

You can always get parts from the RS4 or similar, I think the suspension setup is different on those but brakes and other components should be compatible.;)

Yeah, thats a good idea (breakers yard).

Sweet! Would the RS4 parts need much work to make them compatible, or should fit straight?

that was what the second link was for sorry forgot to mention that the calipers arnt included. you need to source them yourself from a boxster.
like badger said the 2.7 twin turbo could be nicly put in there

I don't have the money to do an engine conversion (just seen one on ebay for £1595 with 114000miles) but while my engine is fine, also dont really want to. The only problem with my car is that its not the quattro. I think of front wheel drive as terrible, though theyre not that bad, but how much power would sensibly go through the front wheels? about 250bhp?

Just a quick question on the Milltek exhausts, on the website, Cat back systems are only listed for 2.4 quattro. I have the 2.4 FWD, will the system fit my car ok?

cheers

Sam

It would be worth asking them. The Quattro exhaust has to get past the rear axle and driveshaft so might be slightly different in shape but I would guess that the size is ok.

It would be worth asking them. The Quattro exhaust has to get past the rear axle and driveshaft so might be slightly different in shape but I would guess that the size is ok.

That's what I was thinking. but, from what I have seen of my car, the exhaust goes over a bar of some sort anyway. I will send them an e-mail. Thanks for your help!