A4 1.8T tips

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Any tips for tuning up my A4 1.8T? Looking for power but still need economy and reliability as it is the family car :rolleyes: (I hope my missis doesn't find this site :!: ).

A chip change remap is the way to go with these you can get another 40-50bhp easily! More is on offer if you go for a bigger turbo but as you still want economy and reliability Id stick for an out of the box tuning chip. :wink:

Agree with above comment. Chips are easy and undetectable some can even be switched into a valet mode for servicing etc...

A silly 300BHP being the operative word......unless of course you will be going all the way with suspension and brake modifications. :D
I wanted to ask the same question as I am thinking of a remap for my own car.
There is a minefield of companies out there quoting everything from 40
and 50BHP increases to the 'Oettinger' approved dealer in my area who says a more realistic hike to 212 BHP should be gone for with their stage one tuning set up.
Oettinger themselves offer a 270BHP conversion which they say makes for an ideal A4 fast road car. After that its a fight to keep the torque steer down.
But for me it looks like a Revo remap that will do the trick. £450 or thereabouts.

What does the Revo claim powerwise? I'd be really interested to hear how you get on as an A3 1.8T owner!