a3 1.8T sleeper advice :D:D

tomsa3

Tuner
Car
a3 1.8T
hey all new to this tuning and torgque cars alwayz loved playing about thoo :D im currently drivin a audi a3 turbo was wondering whats the best first few buys to get it goin :p i dont want anything that will make the car stand out overly as id like it as a sleeper project any hel and advice would be greatly appreciated :D

hello and welcome to tc's:bigsmile:
just a couple of questions

is yours a quattro?
how long have you had the car?
and do you have a big budget?

not the quatro front wheel drive unfortunatly insurance was to steep for the s3 and the quatro :( already payin over 2k :p buget isnt really high but im plannin on keepin the car a while soo should be to much of a problem and ive had the car about 6 months almost finished the body work was bad bumpers and scratched quatre panels on it :( bad previous owner well bad driver replaced everything tidy waz good year eagle alround and full service history so the cars runnin great :D

not the quatro front wheel drive unfortunatly insurance was to steep for the s3 and the quatro :( already payin over 2k :p buget isnt really high but im plannin on keepin the car a while soo should be to much of a problem and ive had the car about 6 months almost finished the body work was bad bumpers and scratched quatre panels on it :( bad previous owner well bad driver replaced everything tidy waz good year eagle alround and full service history so the cars runnin great :D

yeah shame the s3 and the quattro are more expensive to insure!

the reason i asked about how long you have had the car. is most people just buy there cars and start modding them without getting used to the power they already have. so youve had yours 6 mnths so now probably is a good time to start modding
nod.gif

so if your budget isnt that big to begin with i would recommend a remap and dv replacement(standard 1's are prone to splitting especially after a remap;))
this will transform your car!!

hmm new diverter valve .. are they hard to fit ? and what would you recoment what car do you curently have ? what mods etc ? yeah remapp was planned for xmas time but i was thinkin about k04 turbo and manifold before remappin to get the most out of the remap?? yeh big power difference from my 1.4 corsa 60bhp waz grinnin for weeks still am actually think ive fallen in love with this car lol :p

hmm new diverter valve .. are they hard to fit ? and what would you recoment what car do you curently have ? what mods etc ? yeah remapp was planned for xmas time but i was thinkin about k04 turbo and manifold before remappin to get the most out of the remap?? yeh big power difference from my 1.4 corsa 60bhp waz grinnin for weeks still am actually think ive fallen in love with this car lol :p

the dv is easy to fit! its just like for like the clips on the standard 1 are the hardest thing about changing the dv they can be a bugger to get off
the forge 007p dv is the most commonly used dv on the 1.8t's

i have the leon with the same engine as your a3 but with the slightly bigger ko3s turbo my mod list is in my profile(im lazy cant be arsed typing it out:embarrest:)

if you are going for the k04 this is where the modding becomes expensive!!! but your right the remap should be done last!

would like a list of what you need for the k04 upgrade???

yeh i would if you could just looked at ur profile loving the wheels :) lovin the car acrually a slightly bigger k03?? i thought they wer all the same size any idea if it would be easier to fit the bigger k03 my plan is to have the car runnin 230bhp upwards gettin wound up with these 106 gtis slaughterin me 2 80mph lol

yeh i would if you could just looked at ur profile loving the wheels :) lovin the car acrually a slightly bigger k03?? i thought they wer all the same size any idea if it would be easier to fit the bigger k03 my plan is to have the car runnin 230bhp upwards gettin wound up with these 106 gtis slaughterin me 2 80mph lol

cheers i love the wheels im just not a massive fan of them on my car they would suit a golf much more!!

when i said slightly bigger i meant the internals are different allowing more power. the actual k03s turbo its self is the same size and a straight swap for your k03;) and this would be a cheaper option than a k04

list of whats needed for a k04
intake manifold
larger fmic
fuel rail, injectors and fpr
larger tip and maf
down pipe, exhaust
oil and coolant lines
and the turbo
and all the other little bits gaskets, new bolts
think thats it

me personally when i can afford it i will be getting a hybrid ko3 this is just rebuilt with k04 internals and capable of 260bhp iirc

i really didnt think it waz that big of a job im surprised :p k03 hybris ?? that works almost as well as the standerd k04 i take it? and an easier job ??

i really didnt think it waz that big of a job im surprised :p k03 hybris ?? that works almost as well as the standerd k04 i take it? and an easier job ??
yep people are surprised with whats involved

the k03 hybrid is basically a k04 but will directly bolt onto your current manifold so less work yes. but still pricey cause other upgrades are needed;)

looks like im goin to go with the k03 of the leons then :p that should push it up a bit anyway may invest in a dv next week pay day today :D!! so you recomend the forge one so ill go with tha :D

looks like im goin to go with the k03 of the leons then :p that should push it up a bit anyway may invest in a dv next week pay day today :D!! so you recomend the forge one so ill go with tha :D
the k03s can be found on alot of vag cars dont just limit your search to seat leons;)

i would get a black dv though i think the polished 1's look terrible (i know i have 1:()

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

You have GREAT TASTE IN CARS!

See my profile for ideas on mods...

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

sorry bit late to this one
welcome to the site mate.

the k03s is a direct swap
maxed out k03s only allows you to around 230-240bhp but thats starting to push it
hybrid k03s allows slightly more as herb has said.

k04 isnt worth it in my money for the price you can get 2nd hand gt28 conversion. reason for this is the K04 isnt that much better in reality as these start struggle with 300bhp even hybrid ones dont go that much higher. the GT conversion will not be as stressed.
downside is that after around 300bhp then you need to start looking at internals.

plus side for you having FWD means your clutch is easily uprated

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back