A slight issue...

Tashini

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Prelude
Whenever my engine heats up slightly, my car won't seem to start! I have to wait a few minutes before she will start (highly embarrassing in a petrol station!).

Anybody have any clue why this could be? Tried re-teaching the ECU to rectify idle problems but this hasn't worked :(

No she is running fine other than the obvious problem.
I'll get her serviced next week as I haven't had her long and can't find the paperwork relating to services. She had a mini one when we first got her but I'll go and get a full one done and see if that helps unless anyone else has any ideas?

Get them to read the fault codes, there might be something obvious but I suspect it is a dodgy engine temp sensor.

Could be totally unrelated but try making a hole in the filler cap (or just take it off). Mine had what sounds like the same problem & this seemed to cure it.

Could be totally unrelated but try making a hole in the filler cap (or just take it off). Mine had what sounds like the same problem & this seemed to cure it.

What filler cap are we actually referring too here JC? Doing this to either or can only spell disaster in my eyes; then again I may be missing something here of vital importance!

The fuel filler cap!

But turbonutter just reminded me of something: The H22 & B20 engines rely on the coolant temperature to adjust the idle speed & will stall strait away after starting if there is air in the coolant (had this issue with a generation 3) could be worth checking out.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back