A new car?

Hansi

Track Warrior
Car
Getz GLS 1.6
So I have been looking through ads for used cars but I'm not shure what to get. There are a few things that need to be in the car. It has to have manual transmission. I allso need a big boot since I am a musician and need to be able to take at least a part of my gear with me each time I go to play. It would be nice to have a RWD but it doesn't have to and I would rather like if it wouldn't be a BMW.

I would like to get an Evo or an Integra but there are the money issues plus it would be a first car so it wouldn't be worse to have something that wouldn't cost me all my money that otherwise would be spent on mods on insurance.

So can you give me any advice on this?

well I play accordion, guitar, piano(but usually just take my keyboard) drums(never take them with me) bass, Cajon and a lot more so it depends on what kind of gigg it is I'm playing, if it is the accordion it is just the accordion and sometimes a stand for the notes, if it is keyboard it is the keyboard, lines and an amp, guitar the same and bass allso the same, I usually don't have to take it all but it has happened once that I have needed the accordion and the guitar but then I couldn't use my own amp since I had to fly. The dream for me is to have a sportscar with a boot, I found one but it is to expensive for me the opel astra and vectra opc models

Of course it is an option but I am looking at all possibilities, at the moment it looks like I won't be able to get a car 'till next spring or summer and I am going to try to work with the school and see if I can get anything fun then. At the moment I am not able to buy something like this and if I was to buy a car now it would be something smaller and cheaper, so all my choices are relying up on me getting a job and saving as much money as I can to get myself a nice car.

What about the estate version of the Galant VR4 - fast and spacious and because it is an estate it should be cheaper to buy and insure.

Do you get Mercedes over there - they will probably fit the bill as would an Audi Estate.

Like most drivers your first car has to be small and modest but this means that further down the line you can get a really nice car. http://www.torquecars.com/articles/best-first-car.php

lol . . I'm putting my car up for sale either this week or next . . only it's literally everything you don't want . . It's a BMW !! lol . . . It's Tiptronic Auto !! . . . it's a convertible so it has a small boot !! ha ha . . but it's great fun ?? :)

I can't see Hansi fitting an accordion, mikes, booms, stands, cables, couple of basses, pair of combos, wedge monitors and crate of beer in a 3 series touring. No chance in a drop top.

To Hansi: How about a commercial vehicle license?

especially having to ship it over :cheesy:

Have you thought about a tranny van ? plenty of space in th back for all your gear. you can put in a huge ICE setup, tv dvd spare battery, for when your not playing. some are RWD granted not fast

I usually don't carrie the gear for the whole band but maby it will end with a commercial licence:toung:. I have thought about getting a small van in the future which I could use for this and than have a nice ICE back there along with a couch and more...kind of a VIP lounge. But that wouldn't be untill after a few years when I have the money to run 2 cars or more. Don't really like the estates and this winter a car will probably be registered to me to get some points from the insurance companie to lover the insurance when I have my own car in the future.

The dream for me is to have a huge jeep, nice sportscar, van, an everyday car, small sportsboat and maby a snowmobile but that isn't going to happen any time soon. Maby if I hit through with some nice albums in the future:cheesy:

The dream for me is to have a huge jeep, nice sportscar, van, an everyday car, small sportsboat and maybe a snowmobile but that isn't going to happen any time soon. Maybe if I hit through with some nice albums in the future:cheesy:

With all of those cars you'll have to get a mansion as well! :lol:

"With all of those cars you'll have to get a mansion as well!"

In which case we'll all get ouselves there with a quota of liquor and Hansi can do the gig.

:)

Thereby leaving me in the enviable position that I can drink your beer for you.

Seems likely that the Torque Cars meet will take place soon then

Hey, no need to get the women to come here, we'll just get them from here:toung: If you haven't seen the interview that conan takes with Tarentino about Iceland, find it on youtube, watch it and then you'll know what I meen:blink1:

Well, there is only one problem still, I don't have the mansion yet as I haven't made that brake through with the album so it will have to wait for some time. There is hopefully an album on the way and I might be starting playing with one of Icelands most popular singers soon so maby in a couple of years or so if I get lucky:cheesy:

Why would you need an STD screening HDi, I mean some Icelanders drink like crazy but that doesn't meen we are all full of STDs. I don't know what he is talking about Opal because, well, for 1 it is'nt our strongest drink and I love it, well the candy at least, haven't tasted the drink yet.

There is one thing, if you come here and have a really stiff suspension you might not like many of our roads since they are both tight and many uneaven

Why would you need an STD screening HDi, I mean some Icelanders drink like crazy but that doesn't meen we are all full of STDs. I don't know what he is talking about Opal because, well, for 1 it is'nt our strongest drink and I love it, well the candy at least, haven't tasted the drink yet.

There is one thing, if you come here and have a really stiff suspension you might not like many of our roads since they are both tight and many uneaven but many of them are allso fun to drive so it makes up for the bad parts

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back