A good tuning platform?

I am looking for a good platform to start out with.
The VAG 1.8T is too expensive to ensure, so I am looking for a non turbo engine. To make it even more complicated I like to have the car look standard when you first take a look at the car. So no turbo kits or such things. I am not that old, so max 125 BHP.
I know all the rules I just made makes it VERY hard to come up with some ideas for a car, but please tell about it ;)

I do like the Corsa B since it's a small car, but I don't know how well it is for tuning...

(Sorry my bad english)

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Your welcome buddy and I am afraid not! My own car started off with 210 BHP from the factory and now I am running 602 BHP with 100 BHP worth of nitrous oxide injection on top. It will help others enormously if you mention how much you are willing to spend, how much horsepower you are looking for, will the car be your daily driver for work etc. All these will need to be taken into account for the chaps to be able to assist you further. :)

Okay then :)

I'm looking for a car with max 125 as standard
I am willing to pay about 5k GBP.
I want to use it for daily driving, but to be honest it doesn't matter :) Comfort and such can always be adjusted. I just look for a car that can preduce some power with some invisible changes (Filter and such is okay, just no big aftermarket turbo).

But T9 man, 210 BHP for a first car... WOW. In my country you just CAN'T ensure a turbo car as 18 year old.. And if you just say GTI or something, yea just forget about it :D

I feel your pain buddy, I am sure someone will be along in a while with a few suggestions. I think just a standard comfortable car that can have the engine remapped (Invisible under the bonnet) for more power would suit you best.
The Corsa B is a 1993 - 2000 model and as such I think will be difficult to tweak sensibly without additional hardware being fitted. A Corsa C would be a better choice in my opinion as there are simply loads of tuning capabilities with this car.

It might be wiser to wait for somebody with far more experience on these things than me to advise you further though. Good luck with your search :)

Greetings mate!

Give this a go.... A Mazda Rx8? 1.3 litre engine. Not too sure what the horsepower is, but it probably is over 125bhp. How about a little hatchback? Say a Citreon Saxo VTS is a 1.6 with around 120hp. Very responsive engines, respond well to a cam upgrade and a remap. Which, are all techinally invisible.

id say if your struggling to insure a decent powered car as standard then you might find it harder to insure a modified car once you declare everything which i would hope you would do.

as for a decent standard car davalavs saxo option may be a good one for an older car or the C2 as its replacement

I think the mk1 clio rsi and mk3 fiesta rs slipped under the insurance companys noses! They are cheap to insure (compared to 1.1 saxo's) but both perform as well as the saxo/c2 vts;)

id say going off your requirements the following cars would suit

saxo vts or 106 gti
clio rsi
fiesta zetec s
corsa sport/gsi 1.6

the above all have plenty of tuning options for them especially the saxo/106

At this time you must have already bought a car... put for 125hp standart you have PSA's 1.6 NASP 120hp. Opel Corsa C 1.8 GSI 125hp, fiesta 1.2 with turbo 120hp, opel Corsa D 1.2 turbo 140hp, etc etc... you have a lot of options

At this time you must have already bought a car... put for 125hp standart you have PSA's 1.6 NASP 120hp. Opel Corsa C 1.8 GSI 125hp, fiesta 1.2 with turbo 120hp, opel Corsa D 1.2 turbo 140hp, etc etc... you have a lot of options
I would have suggested a Honda Integra type R.