A Car, Helicopter, Mg, 4X4 is born chat thread.

Always loved the Cobra, if the Lotto ever comes up it will definitely grace my garage! :bigsmile:

Carried over from the Spotted thread...

Build one T9, anyone ever seen a car is born? that Mark Evans blokey built one and put a Chevy V8 in there, sacrilege! it did look sexy though as all Cobras do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Build one T9, anyone ever seen a car is born? that Mark Evans blokey built one and put a Chevy V8 in there, sacrilege! it did look sexy though as all Cobras do.

I like that program but sadly I only ever managed to follow the e type build from start to finish. Other one's I was interested in I couldn't follow cause of the way discovery stagger the episodes:(

Re: Spotted another TC'er or seen something special? Post it here...

I know what you mean, they always put one on then another after of a different series

he's done loads though, built helicopters, planes, bikes and classic cars. Not bad for a vet :bigsmile:

Re: Spotted another TC'er or seen something special? Post it here...

I've seen bits of all of them. But the 1 I wanted to follow was the 4x4 cause he went into depth on rebuilding the engine and dif. And I found it interesting

Always loved the Cobra, if the Lotto ever comes up it will definitely grace my garage! :bigsmile:

The guys who built my 100R build these all time :D...

R0011595.jpg

This one has a Ford 302 Crate engine.

R0011601.jpg

This is a rep of the original AC Ace.

R0011602.jpg

You can have one built from about £40,000 to £60,000. :D

I saw a bare Stratos shell in the background, how much do they go for?

Who are those guys Loz? is that their main business, building kits and specials?

Last edited:
It's Talon Sportscars mate, their based in Loughborough.
Yes they build up kit's & they are also the build agents for a couple of company's, so if you buy a turn key car from a Kit car company, it's these who'll build it.

They've done a few of Stratos, the company that makes the kit was so impressed with their work they had them build their next demonstrator.

If memory serves me right I think about £40,000 upwards depending on spec. it's the man hours that contribute to the bulk of the cost & they'll also get it SVA'd too.

Last edited:
I've always fancied a Tornado GT40 replica, perhaps when the time is right (i.e I've won the Lottery) I'll get them to build one for me!

we can all dream eh!

wouldn't that be the ultimate three car garage!? a Lancia Stratos HF in Alitalia livery, a Shelby Cobra 427 and a mk1 GT40 in Gulf colours!, saying that it's Wednesday today isn't it :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
It's Wednesday and it's a ROLLOVER! A Stratos, AC Cobra and a GT40 Replica! Worth the purchase of a lucky dip for these wee beasties! :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back