96 Eclipse GS Help.

JadeEclipse

Car
Eclipse GS
Hello,
I'm a little new to mechanics and performance when it comes to cars, but I have a '96 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Standard, 2.0L With a 16-valve DOHC Engine. And over the next few years I want to make my cars performance go up quite a bit.
My question is, what is the best way to go about this?
And also, my MAIN question is...Is it possible to put a Turbo, on a Non-Turbo engine?

Any help and comments are accepted. Like I said i'm quite Ignorant when it comes to these things and if i want to obtain more knowledge i gotta start learning.

Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

You can put a turbo in there but it will cost you ££££'s.
You may be better off finding a turbo engine that will fit in your engine bay.

Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

You can put a turbo in there but it will cost you ££££'s.
You may be better off finding a turbo engine that will fit in your engine bay.

I think Mitsubishi did put a 2.0 turbo'd engine in the Eclipse GSX that was 4wd as well not sure of the year maybe '98/'99?

If i Were to do an engine swap, would i need to get it off a FWD or AWD? Idk if it has anything to do with the motor I just want to be sure, you know? I was looking online and I believe I found that i would have to go with the 1G turbo engines because they fit.

Or use my plan, I have a 94 gs and plan to swap entire drivetrain and computer system in it froma GSX

Or use my plan, I have a 94 gs and plan to swap entire drivetrain and computer system in it from a GSX

Let us know when you have done this buddy, better still open up a project thread and share your experiences with us. :)

Im still workin on the cash money part lol, But I will make sure to open a project thread when I get there, it will be a bit of an experience.