95 Hot turbo tips wanted.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.

Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.
It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

Last edited:
The best mods for a car engine are as follows.

Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.
It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

Hmm all newer Saabs are turbos, therefore he will benefit from a remap and tune more than internal work. Saabs usually have internals that will take the abuse, depending if it is the v6 or 4 cylinder, you should hit 400bhp on stock internals easily.

Best performance gains for Saabs are a 3" DP, and a tune. You will net an easy 30whp for limited money. Add a cold air intake of some sort and a free flowing exhaust like a bsr, and you will net 40whp-50whp depending on tune. Saabs are really quick cars and don't really require any internal work to reach big numbers.

Fit a light weight flywheel providing your Aero has a manual gear box. the best value for money mod by far in my book. think of all that less weight your crank has to spin round.... Throttle responce is great!

Hmm all newer Saabs are turbos, therefore he will benefit from a remap and tune more than internal work. Saabs usually have internals that will take the abuse, depending if it is the v6 or 4 cylinder, you should hit 400bhp on stock internals easily.

Best performance gains for Saabs are a 3" DP, and a tune. You will net an easy 30whp for limited money. Add a cold air intake of some sort and a free flowing exhaust like a bsr, and you will net 40whp-50whp depending on tune. Saabs are really quick cars and don't really require any internal work to reach big numbers.

So true, I just would not do any of the internal work until I had got way past a T5 or T7 suite stage III tune. This tune on a TD04 will get near to 300hp on a Saab 9000.

My 9000 griffin is said to be at near 250 by T5 suite documentation.
It is a buzz to drive even at this compared with stock.

/R