940 2.3 LPTurbo Mods

M

MPL

Hello All,

I have just taken ownership of my first Volvo - 1997 (P plate) 940 Estate 2.3 LPTurbo, 85k miles

The main reason for purchase is as a 2nd car with excellent load carrying space, something different at the weekend, etc. etc.

I am interested in doing some mods and see that some suggestions are....
Lower by 35mm, Induction kit, Customer remap, new exhaust between 1.5 - 2.5 inches.

1. Lower by 35mm - Has anyone done this and/or have any reccomendations for kit and suppliers?
  2. Induction kit - I am finding it hard to find an induction kit specific to this model. Can anyone reccomend?
  3. Exhaust - Not done any homework on this as yet but before I re-invent the wheel, has anyone used something specific already?
  4. Remap - Is there an off-the-shelf kit for this model or any reccomendations for a supplier?
I would appreciate any advice that can be offered.
I live just inside the M25 in the Essex area if that helps with any replies.

I am not ready yet to look at Engine replacements or work such as Fast road cam, Fuel pressure boost, uprated injectors, bigger fuel pump, etc.
(but who knows in the future ;))

Thanks for your time.
Regards
Mark

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Good to have another enthusiastic Volvo owner in our ranks.

1) 35mm is a good drop. Try some adjustable coilovers and get the ride just perfect. I like Koni, Bilstein and Tein

2) Instead of an induction kit I would recommend a sports panel air filter made from cotton.

3) Exhausts for Volvos are not something I have much experience with but if you are after a power gain then get a good exhaust header and sports catalyst.

4) I doubt you can remap a car of this age. The answer might be to get a boost controller and increase the boost or use a replacement programmable ECU.