93 2.2 tid sportsedan

93SPORTSEDAN

Car
saab 93 2.2tid
hi guys, so i have this '03 saab 9-3 2.2tid Sport Sedan with 125hp..
I want to tune it up a bit or change the engine... but i dont know what engines i can fit in it or what kind of tune i could do...
if i can i would love to fit a vtec in it.. but is it possible..? and where can i look into other possibilities?

grts!

I think the 2.2 was the biggest diesel in the 9-3, the 9-5 had a 3.0 V6 diesel. Once you have the 2.2 remapped you will be pretty close to the power of the 3.0 standard version.

You can put any engine virtually into any car, there are only 2 limiting factors here - your imagination and your wallet!!

If you really want to do this and I cannot for the life of me think why you would! Then one assumes the most cost effective way would be to buy a whole donor car, this way gearbox, drivetrain, looms, ecu etc can be made to fit the new car but it will NOT be easy.

Last edited:
it isnt for now. IT's for when my 2.2l is totaled (when it has almost 350k km) thats the point where im gonna start thinking of ophanging stuff... But the idea of buying a donor car isnt bad... Although i think repairing the donor car would cost me less haha

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back