918 RSR on show

Very nice. There is definately something a bit Ferrari Enzo going on with the nose but I think it looks stunning.

the whole thing looks very Ferrari 360ish to me, but anything with "Hybrid" in the title be it a Porsche or a Prius makes me think it's just a fashion item at the moment and won't actually catch on in the long term we need more clever solutions than that, i like the look of the flux capacitor but i wouldn't want to touch for fear of being electricuted

I think it looks great ;) and if anyone can make a high quality Hybrid car and make it look like a work of art with engineering prowess to match, then that person is Porsche :)

Just chuck a cover over the flux capacitor though :embarrest: :lol:

Its a kinetik energy storage device like a giant flywheel that spins at up to 14,000 rpm when you brake, ready to give a massive power surge at the press of a button. It is clever but who would want to be sitting beside a 14,000rpm buzzsaw?

It is clever but who would want to be sitting beside a 14,000rpm buzzsaw?

Better then that Waynne its actually spins at 36000rpm :eek:
I like the idea its lighter than a load of batteries and the energy can be stored quickly and released quickly so completely different to the road going battery charger 918.
You'll never see one on the road but it looks a bit luxurious for a race car in those pics. Porsche have 2'500 "letters of intent" from potential purchases and if you need to ask how much you probably can't afford it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back