9-3 Owners say hello & tuning tips

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.

hey Gang, first post just wanted to say hello. Apparently I joined the forum in 09, and posted for the first time today lol...
Name is Aaron, I have a 2007 Saab 93 2.0T in TitanGrey Metallic with a few modifications. I have quite the long "to-do" list of modifications, but here is what I do have:

BSR Stage 1 ecu reflash (247hp, 286 ft lbs)
BSR Optiflow open intake
GenuineSaab strut tower brace
GenuineSaab 3pt sub-frame brace
GenuineSaab short shift kit
Euro spec front rub strips
Hirsch Leather Door kit, including e-brake and smart slot
Aero decklid spoiler
front Euro plate "JAS-39A", for "those in the know"

and a few minor details like: interior led lighting, led license plate, NeffyWrap carbon fibre trim, G2 ebony calipers, 35% Llumar tint, and a few others....more to come.
Nice looking forum, look forward to haunting the Saab sub-forums haha! See ya on the boards!

hey Gang, first post just wanted to say hello. Apparently I joined the forum in 09, and posted for the first time today lol...
Name is Aaron, I have a 2007 Saab 93 2.0T in TitanGrey Metallic with a few modifications. I have quite the long "to-do" list of modifications, but here is what I do have:

BSR Stage 1 ecu reflash (247hp, 286 ft lbs)
BSR Optiflow open intake
GenuineSaab strut tower brace
GenuineSaab 3pt sub-frame brace
GenuineSaab short shift kit
Euro spec front rub strips
Hirsch Leather Door kit, including e-brake and smart slot
Aero decklid spoiler
front Euro plate "JAS-39A", for "those in the know"

and a few minor details like: interior led lighting, led license plate, NeffyWrap carbon fibre trim, G2 ebony calipers, 35% Llumar tint, and a few others....more to come.
Nice looking forum, look forward to haunting the Saab sub-forums haha! See ya on the boards!

Nice to see another 9-3 out there! I have the 2003 Aero ss and share some of your list already. The Hirsch leather door kit, BSR Optiflow open intake with modifications, Aero decklid spoiler, custom made front strut brace from the world renowned Abbott Racing Motorsport based here in the UK and a mod list to large to mention here, have a look on my profile.
The best of luck with your future mods Aaron and if you need any help, feel free to come back here at anytime! ;)

Thanks everyone...

The car's from 2001 T9 so I'll probably need the sump removed & cleaned/checked - I'll get the sump and the bulkhead checked soon by a garage, or is it something that you can do yourself?? The bulkhead & sludging probs weren't ones that I knew of when I bought the car a couple of years ago, but now I know of them I need to get them sorted.

Any views on the 9-3 rollbar modification that a few people have had on here? I understand that it's easy to do, relatively cheap and improves handling a lot, but from another thread on here, will it only make a big difference on the cabriolet and not a coupe like mine?

Cheers,
Ricky

It will make a big difference. I have a 1995 900 SET Coupe, and I installed the 22mm ARB from genuine saab. It was a night and day difference, the best cheap upgrade you can do. Don't go for a 19mm, go for the 22mm, it is a good balance for street use.

As for the "sump", I would drop the oil pan yourself and check the pickup screen for sludge and other nasty stuff. I know that the 2.0 and 2.3 motors from 2000-2002 are prone to sludging. You can get an upgrade called PCV # 6 from genuine saab. WELL WORTH THE MONEY. This one is the last version and has been around for a few years now. I would recommend going the extra mile and changing your cars oil every 5k. No sooner however as it isn't necessary, but every 10k is a scary thought...

Have fun Saabin.

It will make a big difference. I have a 1995 900 SET Coupe, and I installed the 22mm ARB from genuine saab. It was a night and day difference, the best cheap upgrade you can do. Don't go for a 19mm, go for the 22mm, it is a good balance for street use.

As for the "sump", I would drop the oil pan yourself and check the pickup screen for sludge and other nasty stuff. I know that the 2.0 and 2.3 motors from 2000-2002 are prone to sludging. You can get an upgrade called PCV # 6 from genuine saab. WELL WORTH THE MONEY. This one is the last version and has been around for a few years now. I would recommend going the extra mile and changing your cars oil every 5k. No sooner however as it isn't necessary, but every 10k is a scary thought...

Have fun Saabin.

Will look out for the 22mm version of the ARB, have only seen the 19mm version advertised here! if it's not available in the UK then it's a phone call to Nick or Leah at Genuinesaab to get that ordered. Agree totally about the oil change frequency, I actually do mine every 4k as the Aero computer gives the quality of oil remaining as a percentage which gets low after 4k; and it only ever has Saab genuine synthetic too :amazed: Best to be safe than sorry as I have a small fortune tied up in that engine! :)

thanks for the welcome guys! nice car T9man, those rims are sick!!!! i need to get an album up for my profile....