89 B21 Frankenstein....

89Lude

Car
89 4ws Prelude
So, here it is ; give me your thoughts on this
B21A5 block
B20 head
H22 valve springs
B18B intake cam( custom ground to fit cyl head)
B20 stock exhaust cam
Adj cam gears
Ported, valve job
gasket matched
Pace setter header
BIG cat
OBD2 upgrade
H22 injectors
Adj fuel regulator
Max bore, throttle body
MSD 6AL
K&N filter
Modded cold air intake.
That's where I am right now.
Gonna put her on a weight reduction program soon.
Any suggestions? ....

Nice spec, what power levels are you running?

Any plans to uprate the suspension or braking? What OBD2 upgrade did you go with?

I have no idea what the power levels are the first time we took it out it smoked the first gear clutch pack. so we're in the process of rebuilding the transmission so we can take it up to the local tuner shop and get it pulled into place. It's on all polyurethane bushings stock suspension in springs enkei 15-inch wheels 205 60 15 Yokohama s drives

I have no idea what the power levels are the first time we took it out it smoked the first gear clutch pack. so we're in the process of rebuilding the transmission so we can take it up to the local tuner shop and get it pulled into place. It's on all polyurethane bushings stock suspension in springs enkei 15-inch wheels 205 60 15 Yokohama s drives
That's often the way, a tuned car shows up any other weak components.

Yes, of course I put on my dhockedface when the original trans with 146 k on it just gave up. Need a manual transmission donor car.....

Lol,, yeah we didn't even make it out of the development for it was time to limp it back home

I think we've all been there. I had one project car that didn't even do more than 200 miles before something broke and it needed to go in for repairs!

It's been my experience with hot rodding that no " Project" is actually driveable until it breaks about 6 things. Then it's almost reliable

Can I just ask why this is called a Frankenstein build? I've heard the term a few times, or even Frankenbuild or Frankenbottom or Kfrank!

Frankensteins monster was made from parts he sourced. A Frankenbuild is where parts from other engines and models are bolted together to make a better performing engine.

The K in K frank, I believe is from the K series engine.

Haha, we just called it that because it's a hodgepodge of oem parts from 4 engines.
The original goal was to get the best from it on as few aftermarket parts as possible.
So far that's about 5 components, not too bad. If we can get the transmission back together it's headed for a dyno tuning session .

So my son and I went to the Carlisle import show the other week and to be honest It was nice to see the show. However, pretty low turnout given the current situation. We actually did not see one Prelude of any generation in the Honda lineup. Lots of newer civics an S2000 and a couple of mid 80s four-door civics with d16 swaps in them. Gonna have to take my nonidentical twins next year . Heck, half of the guys I talked to never saw a 3rd gen lude, let alone a 4 wheel steering version.I have a 4ws and a 2ws version same month and year . Go figure the odds of that one.

So many innovations on the Prelude. Saw a turboed H22 (can't remember which generation it was, probably a second though) a few years back it was a real monster of a car.

So many innovations on the Prelude. Saw a turboed H22 (can't remember which generation it was, probably a second though) a few years back it was a real monster of a car.
True, the prelude has 4 wheel steer and 4 wheel double wishbone suspension ( not a strut suspension car). Really handles in the turns.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back