87 740 mods???

87vovlo

Car
740 gle non-turbo
hey i was wondering if anyone knows what my options are for my new car im looking for performance and suspension upgrades ....and if so where can i find them

i would like to turbo it but idk how much boost the stock internals can handle or what kind of turbo i can install.....also does anyone know where i can get factory specs on this car

if your car has a b230f model engine then the compression i believe is 8 to 1 and the hp is around 125 hp and the torque is around 131 foot pounds. i actually own a volvo 740 that i just parted and the engine was originally a turbo but was changed to natural aspiration and it ran just like my non turbo 740 without the turbo so i dont think there were too many mods made on these to make them into a turbo. the ecu is different on them though. one also has a mass airflo sensor where as the other does not. on my 780 turbo that i own the turbo on it i do know that it is low pressure and it is made by garrett. it runs through a stock intercooler which if you can find a stock one is an easy mod for your car.

What is your budget? Are you looking at a replacement turbo or just some tweaks to the stock engine?

One of our senior members - Claymore, has a rather rapid Volvo with all manner of toys installed, hopefully he will see this post and point you in the right direction ;)