£7k to spend... But what should I get?

D

DJEarworm

Hi guys,

I need some Torquecars wisdom as I have £7k (ish) to spend and I'm looking for a coupe that 7 years old (or younger) with a 0-60 time under 8 secs.

I currently drive a fiesta ST and the build quality and refinement is lacking plus its only a little 'warm' hatch.

I would ideally like something that handles fairly well and looks good.

Any ideas would be welcome as I've been looking at everything from 320ci to the celica t-sport but can't make up my mind.

P.S. if there is a coupe out there that looks great and would be quick with some tuning then please mention it too.

Thanks guys.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Do you want something fast, without tuning it?

How about the Ford Pumas? They do a Race version, which when tuned is a very very quick car. I think it's classed as a coupe.

Imported Skylines can be very good value, for straight line speed also look at the Toyota Supra turbo and then there are the Imprezas which offer stunning performance and reliability with a lot of practicality.

I lurve supras but you wanted something no more than 9 year old scoobies are nice also but to many about in my opinion but honda integra dc5 are quite rare n cooool and keep there value when modded nicely but your choice I no what I would get lol

Latest models of the Pontiac Trans Am/Chevy Camaro Z28 are ten years old. Good value, not sure how much they go for on that island of yours though. 98-02 models had the LS1 V8 which is pretty economical and easy to get power out of. Probably won't see one every day, which is a plus;)

Boxter 3.2 possibly, XKR maybe, 968 certainly, maybe a Maserati 3200 GT at a push. TVR perhaps, vauxhall vxr or elise? the list is endless