620ti help

azzy

Torque Junkie
Car
rover 620ti
hi i just bought a rover 620ti 1995. i need some help its standerd its got a forge dump valve but i want louder. also wat turbo can i get bigger one to now. do u know

is it an atmospheric valve or a recirculating valve ?
these engines are quite old and i doubt that there is MAP sensor on so i would think it would run atmospheric without any issues. also do away with the airbox and fit a induction kit this will increase the noise further.

how big are you wanting to go ?
gt28 would be a good turbo to look at MA has one for sale think hes wanting around the £700 mark for it

Dump valves are atmospheric on the 620.
If you willing to buy abroad then off ebay you can get a GT28r Turbo for around £380 IIRC.
Moto Build ain't a bad place either for all your Ti needs.;)

How far do you want to push it, it is possible to get a fair bit more out of these engines by modding the boost actuator. I doubt the block will take a bigger turbo unless you strengthen it and fit stronger pistons.

As far as I was aware the ones I was looking at where good quality. They sold lots to the drift boys with 200sx's.
Agreed there is some crap ones about but the one's I looked at where the proper job.

am not sure tbh its fitted on the side of turbo forge dump valve. i want a dump valve so loud u can hear it. any for sale from ur guys, 07810311484 call me if u have plz. wat bhp power will i gain if i add a good gt28 turbo and decat pipe,

GT28 is good for around 350bhp with correct mapping and fueling. remember as said you may need to strengthen the engine. fair enough with the pistons but what about the rods and crank, along with the clutch

injectors, turbo, intercooler, block strengthened (not sure on what it can take), metal head gasket. ECU - rovers generally cant be mapped easily, map.
then brakes, suspension, tyres and a LSD might be an idea with trying to but 300 down through the front

Edit

also will need exhaust and intake changed to allow fitment of the bigger turbo

yes its gona be hard and cost. ok wat abt a loud dump valve where can i get one from wat make

am not sure tbh its fitted on the side of turbo forge dump valve. i want a dump valve so loud u can hear it. any for sale from ur guys, 07810311484 call me if u have plz. wat bhp power will i gain if i add a good gt28 turbo and decat pipe,

its 200bhp now nothing on it. wat will i need to get 300bhp .

yes its gona be hard and cost. ok wat abt a loud dump valve where can i get one from wat make

You should be able to hear the dump valve on yours.
Also it's actually 197 Bhp.
IIRC I had a bailey dump valve on mine and that was plenty loud enough.

but my dump valve is fitted on turbo and if i take it of i need to blank plate it, can u help

The turbo would be abit expensive to post as it's heavy. I can't do anything at the minute but I can see how much it would be next week if you would like buddy.