6 Speed in a corsa C??

Devvo

Car
Corsa 1.7 CDTi SRi
Right then, so I've got a 1.7CDTi SRi as some may know, and I'm looking to be putting a 6 speed gearbox into it, for saved mpg, lower revs, more speed if neccassiry! ^_^

Aaaaand so basically I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this been done, and if so what box they used, who they used to fit it, prices for it etc etc :]

I'm thinking probably the M40 from a Z19DTH astra or something!

Help appreciated :love:

Does the Astra mate the M40 to a 1.7 in one of the older models? If they do then you are laughing.

Your diesel gearbox tends to have pretty close ratios as it is, so your right to stick with a diesel cars gearbox a petrol one would really not work.

What other tuning are you doing?

Erm i think the M40 is from the 1.9 16v (150) or M32 i can't really remember, but i think the 1.7 just have a 5 speed even in the astra's =[ I'll have a look tomorrow cos we've got a few 1.7's in stock :D

As for other tuning so far I'm still just thinking of uprated turbo, brakes, suspension and maybe trying smoe 1.9 150 Injectors, see if they do anything xD

I wonder if cams make much difference to a diesel? The relatively low rpm would probably indicate this is pointless - do you know anything about this?

No monaro... #!#!#!#! knows what they use actually but they arenta normal 6 speed from the other vehicles, due to the car been a Holden not a vauxhall, they use holden engines & gearboxes, not sure what it is, probably a big mother tho :D

Is it possible to 6 speed a corsa c 1.3cdti thinking of getting big turbo off a 1.7 Astra/vetcra decat and egr bypass and remap anyone done anything similar just looking for advice really or to know what bolts directly with out having to swap or change anything like suspension components.

That sounds like a good project, but you really have your work cut out doing all of that. Mapping is the most important thing to setup and get right.