406 hdi 110 tuning, 03

Boabcc

Wrench Pro
Car
406 hdi 110
hello. I have recently converted to diesel, mainly for cost an I was wondering what I can do with my car,
I don't want to spend big money as she's on 190k

Thankyou, any other suggestions?
I was thinking ram air induction ect

Also I wanted to get/increase wastegate Flutter?

To be honest with you, I would just stick with the ECU remap. You say you went with diesel to save money (Cost) and the car is already on 190k mileage wise, so assuming reliability is important to you, then just the remap will be the way to go. As and when you have better finances and fancy a newer car then you can go to town on it, so to speak |B

To be honest with you, I would just stick with the ECU remap. You say you went with diesel to save money (Cost) and the car is already on 190k mileage wise, so assuming reliability is important to you, then just the remap will be the way to go. As and when you have better finances and fancy a newer car then you can go to town on it, so to speak |B

Very true, thankyou very much for your help.
Any reliable or trustworthy remappers around in assending orders lol £??

Very true, thankyou very much for your help.
Any reliable or trustworthy remappers around in assending orders lol £??

Cannot recommend any from your neck of the woods buddy, but if you can not find any locally then have a look on our list of recommended traders here on TC. If they are still too far away for you to visit, some ECU remappers do a plug in gizmo that they can send on to you for the cost of the remap and a deposit to secure the return of the gizmo. You then simply plug in the gadget into your OBD2 port, usually found underneath your steering wheel up inside the foot well. You plug it in and follow the child proof under 5 year old instructions to upload the new performance map.

Try: http://www.viezu.com/
and http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/

Thanks for the links I will get a quote from Celtic soon,
In the mean time what do you think of these guys? Hdi-tuning co uk they are local to me,
I was reading about them sending me the map and doing a diy install, I'm slightly worried I might make a mistake somewhere and disable my car or something and then not knowing what to do next lol

I don't know of this team personally my friend, but any ECU re-mapper has a copy of the original file for your car so it should be no problem at all to revert back to the original map.
As for "making a mistake" I very much doubt it. If you can operate a TV remote then the gizmo will be no problem at all for you. It is usually simply a case of plugging it in, the unit reads your ECU and when it is ready it says press "enter" and tells you when it has finished the uploading. If it was any simpler it would be written down in a Janet & John Green book one for the beginner :lol:

I don't know of this team personally my friend, but any ECU re-mapper has a copy of the original file for your car so it should be no problem at all to revert back to the original map.
As for "making a mistake" I very much doubt it. If you can operate a TV remote then the gizmo will be no problem at all for you. It is usually simply a case of plugging it in, the unit reads your ECU and when it is ready it says press "enter" and tells you when it has finished the uploading. If it was any simpler it would be written down in a Janet & John Green book one for the beginner :lol:

Haha excellent! Ok well I'll go for it then,
Do I get any choices or anything regarding the map or is it really just buy a stage 1 map and plug and play so to speak.
Secondly i imagine there's people out there selling maps as stage 1 ect but in reality they are just being sold a normal one, do you understand what I mean lol sorry,
How would I know

Haha excellent! Ok well I'll go for it then,
Do I get any choices or anything regarding the map or is it really just buy a stage 1 map and plug and play so to speak.
Secondly i imagine there's people out there selling maps as stage 1 ect but in reality they are just being sold a normal one, do you understand what I mean lol sorry,
How would I know

You can get a whole range of choices - the only limit is your wallet and bank account. You need to discuss with the gentleman what it is that you want; performance or fuel economy, top end power or low end grunt. Stage one is not "normal" and should never be seen as such. Stage one is your first walk through the gateway of higher performance.

Howdo. You won't need more than a generic map for day to day driving. I've had a Bora diesel and now a Focus diesel remapped and the extra mid-range pull I got is plenty enough. The 0-60 sprint is still not as quick as petrol, partly because I have to change gear twice in quick succession, but 3rd gear 30-70 stuff is massively improved.

My Bora went from 130bhp 220lb ft torque to 170/290 and my focus from 115/185 to 140/220.

To be honest, especially with a diesel, you don't want much more unless you're upgrading clutch and suspension. My Bora especially struggled to get power down in the wet unless I was progressive with the accelerator.

And most standard gearboxes will be getting near their torque limit on a remapped diesel. I could have had a remap on the Bora to give me 190bhp and 330lb ft but the torque would have killed my clutch - it was only rated for 300lbft.