323i - 2.8 litre conversion project

I used to have a 323i up until recently (unmodified) and it certainly was not sluggish through the entire rev range it was almost the same power just a little bit more at higer revs, there will definatly be a problem. I must have been lucky with the previous owners really taking care of the engine as it pulled like it was new.

One thing I would say however it will cost you £15-20 replace the water pump as they go very very easily. I would also not bother modifiying them they are however cool cars I would just go for an M3 E36 or 328/M5 E46.

Last edited:
I used to have a 323i up until recently (unmodified) and it certainly was not sluggish through the entire rev range it was almost the same power just a little bit more at higer revs, there will definatly be a problem. I must have been lucky with the previous owners really taking care of the engine as it pulled like it was new.

One thing I would say however it will cost you £15-20 replace the water pump as they go very very easily. I would also not bother modifiying them they are however cool cars I would just go for an M3 E36 or 328/M5 E46.

There's really no point in me changing my car now, it is after all now a 328i pretty much so why buy another? The water pump I still have from the 328i I had dismantled and integrated into my car. I'm also not sure of the part where you say, "there will definitely be a problem", what with exactly? :blink: