323f driver

pegsdave

Car
MAZDA 323
Had mine for just over a year now.Fitted a new rear shocker,due to leak on old one,but other than that no problems at all.
It's the 1300 but fuel consumption is'nt brilliant.It's a 51 reg but only done
33000 miles and been serviced every year.Is this normal.

Depends largely on how you drive it. Small engines don't mean small fuel bills if you have a heavy right foot.

I had a similar experience about ten years ago with a Fiat Punto 1.2 in which I managed only 24mpg over a 200 mile motorway trip.

Yet when I did the same trip in my own car (2.0 Primera Auto) I managed 34mpg with ease.

It's all about driving style really.

I went on holiday to Scotland a few years ago. I drove a 1.4 Rover 200 following my dad in his Scoob. My Rover used more petrol than a Subaru. It was due to the fact that I had to thrash it just to keep up with the Scoob.

Put a big dose of redex in the tank and go for a 2 hour drive on the motorway, That should give it a good old clear out.

Check you tire pressures, wheel alignment and empty the junk out of the boot!;)

hi,i just registered on your site and my first question straitaway is can my mazda 323f v6 2.0 engine be turbo or supercharger tuned?i realy want to get more out of my car,but can not think of anything else than fitting sport k&n filter,which i did,disconnecting the pipe after the filter and fitting another sport filter strait after the box,which gives it direct airflow from the front grill.please if anyone have done turbo or supercharger tuning on his mazda 323f,give me as much information as possible!thanks!

hi,i just registered on your site and my first question straitaway is can my mazda 323f v6 2.0 engine be turbo or supercharger tuned?i realy want to get more out of my car,but can not think of anything else than fitting sport k&n filter,which i did,disconnecting the pipe after the filter and fitting another sport filter strait after the box,which gives it direct airflow from the front grill.please if anyone have done turbo or supercharger tuning on his mazda 323f,give me as much information as possible!thanks!

Greetings and Welcome! ;)