320cd, just looking to change some aesthetic things

Miljaardenzju

Wrench Pro
Car
Bmw 320cd e46
like remove the 320cd monogram on the back, i'd like to know how to do that or if it would costs much to let it be done.

i'd also like to replace the standard diesel exhaust by something else less ugly and not change the sound.

and get different alloys for the winter period, got 225/45/r17 right now

The badge on the back should just 'peel' off. You may have to clean up the sticky mess it leaves though. What alloys do you have you mind? What do you have on atm?

don't know there name, they're standard exclusive line rims i think.

wondering what people think about m3 rims( can you use them on 225/40/18?) and than use the 17'ers for the winter

just saw its 225/40/18 on the front and 255/35/18 on the back for those and the price is quite high.. also very expensive tyres on the back. i'm brainstorming a bit, getting new ideas. i'll probably stick with the 17-ers for the summertime and get 16-ers for wintertime.

all that's important for now is getting parking sensors installed and remove the 320cd badge.. than it'll be an awesome looker allready

Definitely de-badge it. I wouldn't bother retro-fitting parking sensors, don't really see the point tbh.

How about something like a Bayern Mesh wheel?

If they are actual glued on badges then use a hairdryer for 5 minutes to heat the glue then draw a piece of strong string behind the badge, the badge should come off then without damaging the paintwork.

Parking sensors are gay.

You see them on nissan micras and you just want to take the keys off the driver cos if you need them on a car that small then your spatial awareness must be absolutely abysmal.

well i can't park properly backwards, got trouble estimating the distance. will be very handy and probably a bit easy-going.

when having the badge removed, wont there be a colour difference; the rest of the bodywork having endured 5 years of weather conditions etc. if so how u get rid of that?

well i can't park properly backwards, got trouble estimating the distance. will be very handy and probably a bit easy-going.

when having the badge removed, wont there be a colour difference; the rest of the bodywork having endured 5 years of weather conditions etc. if so how u get rid of that?

Give it a polish and it should be fine.

There will always be some paint fade, but is usually more noticeable on surfaces facing upwards, roof, bonnet, tops of wings, etc., so the boot on a 320 shouldn't be too bad, plus the badge only covers a very small area anyway.

As said, use a hairdryer to warm up the glue and carefully remove, then clean off the excess and polish up.

automatic lights are pretty easy, when the daylight drops below a certain level thye switch on. on eefect as such or am i misunderstanding you ? (which aint suprising) ;)

ah, i wonder if it auto- turns on the big lights too. and why are they moving around when i switch between light modes. i was immediatly thinking about adaptive headlights at the time but i'm not sure about it.. should get a mate driving in front of me sometime soon i guess.

still curious about "exlusive line"

It's been a while since i posted here appearantly. i'm active on a belgian bmw forum now.

I got rid of the 320cd emblem on the back, didn't had to polish it, only washed the glue off and waxed it.

My first rims are oem style 171 and they are on winter tyres now. I got a couple of months to think about wich i'm going to get afther the winter.

I was thinking about oem m135 style for some time( a lot of people got them here). But the beyern mesh that have been suggested here are way better looking and i haven't seen any of those around here yet. Definitely not in gloss black with polished lip in the sizes 255/30/19 rear and 225/35/19 front as i'm looking to get. :)

My diesel exhaust will be gone too soon: I'll get a decorative exhaust or another muffler with one on it.

I also made my rear windows 75% black.

Another planned mod is to chiptune it when the second hand guarantee expires.

back up to date now :blink1:

Last edited:
That sounds good mate. Local forums are good as you can meet up with people in your area. I'm with a few UK clubs and we do the same. Gimme a shout if your club does a UK visit.

What suspension setup have you got atm?

standard atm, when those new rims are fitted in a couple of months i'll see if it looks good with standard suspension.

sometimes I see cars that are so low that it's ugly, wich probably isn't comfortable at all and a pain in the butt on speed bumps etc :p

standard atm, when those new rims are fitted in a couple of months i'll see if it looks good with standard suspension.

sometimes I see cars that are so low that it's ugly, wich probably isn't comfortable at all and a pain in the butt on speed bumps etc :p

It will definitely need a drop. How big of a drop is up to you. I run quite low and tbh you get used to slowing down for speed bumps.

3 cm would b perfect. than there's no wheel gap :blink1:. It will be discussed at the store when the wheels are fitted. I wouldn't wonna lose to much comfort because at this rate of driving i'm doing 25 000 km a year.

3 cm would b perfect. than there's no wheel gap :blink1:. It will be discussed at the store when the wheels are fitted. I wouldn't wonna lose to much comfort because at this rate of driving i'm doing 25 000 km a year.

That's the way to do it!

A lot of BMW guys just use Eibach springs and the shocks are already quite a good design.

Re: 320cd

A local shop owner who specializes in bmw, told me the price for beyern mesh wheel is to high for its quality(1600€ for a set in 19").He said the mirror cut lip will faint quite fast. I'm curious about that so I tried googling for reviews etcetera but can't seem to find any negative comments for its quality.

My diesel exhaust is gone and replaced by double straight pipes :D.

Never heard of Bayerns doing that. It all depends on budget. You coul try and find some BBS LMs second hand, but they'll still be more than the Bayerns. Dotz Mugellos are often used as a cheaper alternative. Are there any you like in particular?

i liked the oem m135 for a while but i'm crazy about beyern mesh now :toung:. I noticed the bbs lm aren't in my price range at all. 1600€ for a set sounds good to me. I'd like to hear more about this quality issue for the beyerns. I'm asking about it everywhere i can.

on the bimmer forum i'm on people also say bayern are nice rims but they need to be cleaned thorougly and with special products to keep'm nice and shiny.

i'd like rims that require less service: i'm on the lookout for csl replica's now because original csl's obviously don't fit on my car :). another local shop owner can get some but the price seems so low(530€ for a set 19") that i've doubts about there quality.

I forgot the brand name but i've mailed them to ask.

VMR is a more popular brand name i've heard around for csl replica's. But they ain't easy to get around here appearantly.

The Mesh's will be easy to keep clean. Basically wash as normal, apply polish, then apply sealant. As they're a one piece wheel it shouldn't take long. Mine take around half hour a wheel every couple of weeks. This is because cleaning around the bolts is a pain. Results make it worth while though...

E36_081.jpg

I wouldn't get replicas tbh. They tend to made of cheaper materials, have less strength and weigh more than normal wheels.

Pretty much all wheels require maintenaince though. The 'Finichi Bayern' is a nice wheel that wouldn't require much care. I'd much rather have a dish though! How about posting a picture of your car so I can visualise it?

hope this fits, on bimmerboard.be you can post bigger pics :p

i'm checking up on the quality of the csl replica's, I like the look of'm.
they basicly got the same picture as the bayern mesh but without the polished edge. and there are different colour schemes as hypersilver/black, matte black, super silver etc.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3
i waxed it a month ago, the last time i washed it was 1,5 week before this pic was taken.
But now i'm back to work it's gone to #!#!#!#!:sad2:.. covered in mud at the rear.
Bad parkng space at my work. i'll complain about this and park my car on a different location probably :bigsmile:

someone on bimmerboard photoshopped my car on the rims i'd like to get.
also in black but that's getting a bit to dark imo.
i'm thinking either hyperblack or hypersilver.

Attachments

• csl1.jpg
    csl1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
i waxed it a month ago, the last time i washed it was 1,5 week before this pic was taken.
But now i'm back to work it's gone to #!#!#!#!:sad2:.. covered in mud at the rear.
Bad parkng space at my work. i'll complain about this and park my car on a different location probably :bigsmile:

I just let mine get dirty over winter. :lol:

someone on bimmerboard photoshopped my car on the rims i'd like to get.
also in black but that's getting a bit to dark imo.
i'm thinking either hyperblack or hypersilver.

Silver would be my choice out of the two. Just as black wheels will mean too much black.

hyperblack looks almost the same as hypersilver, only in sunlight they have different effects.

google pictures below

Attachments

• hyperblack 1.jpeg
    hyperblack 1.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 5
  • hypersilver1.jpg
    hypersilver1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
ordered the hyperblack rims in 19".. hope they arrive soon.

also recently installed super white led smd angel eyes, white/blue ish led fog lights and philips xtreme vision. it improves the sight and looks :smile:

Good to hear from you mate! Not really a fan of angel eyes as everybody does them, but I'd be interested to see the vision difference with the new bulbs.

Pictures are needed when you fit the new rims dude!

here are a few of the most recent pictures

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 4
  • rear rim.jpg
    rear rim.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm thinking of putting it a bit lower; max 3 cm. I personally like the dark wood trim, carbon looks better indeed but it costs a bit much.