307 HDI 110 low boost level

not necessarily.... a good cleaning should do the trick. if you feel confortable and know what your doing , take the turbo out of the car and disassemble it (exhaust side only). then a carburator cleaner should make is job after you gain access to the geometry. be very carefull to not mess up the shaft balance . worst case senario , you will need to take it to balance the shaft/rotor after cleaning and assembly. (not expensive i think)

Right so ive cleaned the MAF which helped a bit. Got all fault codes cleared momentarily but they reappear when you drive the car to 70mph. On peugeot planet parameters I noticed that the expected turbo boost increases as the car is revved obvious but the measured boost stayed the same as idle, meaning its not boosting at all!

so.. the turbo electrovalve ocr measures at 88% throughout the rev range, does this mean the valve is jammed shut? hence causing no boost?

No car is going to offer boost without the engine being under load. There is not enough exhaust gas flow under 'dry' revving conditions to spin up the turbocharger.

No car is going to offer boost without the engine being under load. There is not enough exhaust gas flow under 'dry' revving conditions to spin up the turbocharger.

true HDi fun .

@rd070707 , can you give a bit more info ?
what fault codes you're getting?

whats the turbo pressure @ 1000 , 2000 , 3000 and 4000rpm ?

true HDi fun .

@rd070707 , can you give a bit more info ?
what fault codes you're getting?

whats the turbo pressure @ 1000 , 2000 , 3000 and 4000rpm ?

the faults codes read on the engine ecu were :

turbo pressure. turbo pressure measured too low.
pre/post heating relay circuit. relay stuck (glow plugs)

as i said the measured turbo pressured stayed just slightly above atmospheric pressure throughout the entire rev range but as HDI says thats because i was dry revving

FIXED *****

Changed the turbo control electrovalve today and off she went. This is actualy the first time in my ownership of the car that it has had full boost :amuse:

i'll say something you already know i'm sure but it's never to much to say it :

do a full service on your motor before any mods. be sure everything is spot on.

i'll say something you already know i'm sure but it's never to much to say it :

do a full service on your motor before any mods. be sure everything is spot on.

yeah thats the plan. Do the belts - full service and then consider a remap

HDi what would be your advise as regards to servicing hdi engines before a remap and what to keep in check when the car has been remapped from your experience with your 2.2hdi?

The 2.2 is a 16 valve unit as is therefore much revvier so you have to be careful not to overdo it when it's cold. Other than that I stuck with the standard service intervals but ensure you use very good oils as the temperatures do go up a little. I found Millers XFD or AMSOIL DEO to work superbly.

Other than that, you need to let it cool down for 2-3 minutes before switch off.

I had not issues at all and I ran my car from 54,000 miles to 139,000 miles with the new map. Sadly it was written of in a 60mph frontal otherwise I'd still have it.

FYI - I walked with no more than some minor foot damage (no broken bones) but wound up unable to work for over a year due to anxiety induced depression. The claim against the other party is still not settled.

thanks for the advice. Im just frustrated its taking me so long to get all the wrongs corrected before i can even begin to work on performance.
I myself have crashed twice and im only 19...so insurance is £££££££ :sad2:

Mine was a claim against the other party so had no problems with insurance going up. If you're already paying a fortune then maybe leave the remap alone for now.

Mine was a claim against the other party so had no problems with insurance going up. If you're already paying a fortune then maybe leave the remap alone for now.

well as you can imagine at my age it wasn't cheap to begin with, but now with a write off in my honda civic its up slightly :embarrest: im still keen to get it done though. Being in northern ireland it would be torquetronix who I would get to do it. They remapped my friends 1.4hdi to 100hp and with 250k on the clock she is still going strong ;)

My experience was with Celtic Tuning. I believe that they have a workshop in Antrim.

I see that now, and they do quote much more impressive figures for the 2l hdi 110 than torquetronix. It seems they stop at 136 HP based on the xsi hdi model

Sometimes Celtic's figures can be a little ambitious. Especially with bhp in diesel models. Mine, strangely, actually exceeded their claim when I put it on a dyno. That was on BP Ultimate Diesel laced with cetane booster though.

However, the torque is what you'll be driving. It's torque, not power, that hurls the car forward when you press the pedal.

Mine achieved over 320lbft on the dyno, which is big stuff. For reference it's slightly more than a Jaguar XK8 musters. OK, you're still capped with the 5600rpm rev limit (and the party is over as you approach 5000 to be honest) but you really will find that you won't need more than 3000rpm to make extremely rapid progress.

The other thing you'll find is that the engine will smooth out as well. The 2.2 was already silky with its twin balancer shafts etc. but post remap all the slight peaks and troughs in the torque curved were sanded down/filled in.

You will love the results, believe me.

Last edited:
cant wait to feel the torque! :love:

Hdi you said about having the car absolutely spot on before a remap. What else should be checked for wear and tear before going for it? :bigsmile:

cant wait to feel the torque! :love:

Hdi you said about having the car absolutely spot on before a remap. What else should be checked for wear and tear before going for it? :bigsmile:

Just the usual service items really. All you ae doing is taking up some of the slack the makers built in for the mass market. After the map you must stick to service intervals, don't stretch them.

You really don't have to be too particular. All I really meant was that you dont' want to remap a car with an ECU that's got faults logged. Reputable tuners wouldn't touch it if that were the case anyway.

Just the usual service items really. All you ae doing is taking up some of the slack the makers built in for the mass market. After the map you must stick to service intervals, don't stretch them.

You really don't have to be too particular. All I really meant was that you dont' want to remap a car with an ECU that's got faults logged. Reputable tuners wouldn't touch it if that were the case anyway.

what about timing belt? at 115k what about my turbo too? :toung:

what about timing belt? at 115k what about my turbo too? :toung:

I haven't mentioned timing belt and tensioner because I assume these are all maintained anyway. Increasing the engine's torque output makes no difference whatsoever to the load on timing belt.

Turbocharger - if it's working then it's working. Just use top quality fully synthetic oil.

here good things about it. Although I no longer have my DPF so using a suitable one for it is not an issue ;)