307 HDI 110 low boost level

HI mate, few facts about your car and to keep it in working order,

The turbo is a standard waste gated one Garrett GT15, should give a decent low down grunt but not like a VNT one. Be sure to cool down properly after a hard run. Standard boost pressure should be 14 psi.
Cambelt changes are a must on these, get it changed every 50k miles.
Aux belt pulleys like to crack at around 60 k miles so check it everytime you renew your aux belt.

Oil, use a 5w-40 fully sythetic, Castrol EDGE TD is good but expensive, you'll need 4.5 litres of the stuff and castrol sell 4 litre bottles....

thanks for the advice jarrus. just covering all the bases atm, belts getting changed, full service etc and then she will be ready for a remap :lol:

Hi guys, need your help again :confused:

fanbelt frayed and got caught in crank pulley and the car had to be towed out to garage for fear that it had hit the timing belt. fanbelt was changed, but the car wont start, it turns over but wont fire. mechanic is saying the head neeeds to come off to check for bent valves if the timing was hit / slipped.
whats your opinions o this situation?

could it be immobiliser or bsi problems causing it not to start??

help please! :blink:

just got this fixed and finally want to finish that service. what oil should i use? cant seem to get amsoil in the uk, and my fap is removed so i wont need low saps will I? thanks :D

AMSOIL can be had from performanceoilslimited.co.uk.

Otherwise look to Opieoils for advice. You'll also get a discount for being a Torque Cars member ! ! :)

thanks hdi, so glad to have it running again. woodruff key had sheered on cam pulley :mad: oh didnt know I could get discount, every little helps

any 5w/40 fully synthetic will be fine mate AMSOIL is good but expensive, Millers or Fuchs should offer better value

ECP do there 5w40 Triple QX for a nice price, about £30 for 5 litres

Personally I would go with a 5w/40 for the slightly greater viscosity when hot. Particularly so if you're planning to remap which will increase oil temperatures

Last edited:
Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum, was reading it as a guest and found the info simple, yet precise.

@rd070707: Sorry to highjack your thread :)

I have a Peugeot 307 SW 2.0HDi 110bhp.The car has run fine, never had much issues with it, yet i feel that there's something wrong.
In any gear, if i hit the pedal, the car is slugish until about 2000/2200 RPM, after that i can literally ear the turbo start (hissing) and off she goes.
When i stop the car, and completly turn it off, i ear a humming, gradually going off, like a engine or fan loosing rotation slowly.

I have no other issues with it, the FAP was replaced recently, as was a "turbo valve", in a official Peug rep in Portugal (Gamobar). Payed a pretty sum for it also :)

Now, i'm a complete NOOB when it matters cars, but i new the basic of electronics, how a car works (the simple stuff), and above all, i don't fear reading.If i have a choice between reading a thread, or watching a youtube video, i'll read a thread.

Can anyone point me where i can start to debug this ?
The car is on 240000km/150000m, has had a few accidents, but all in the rear, never near engine. It's not reprogrammed or tunned in any way (i bough it from a old fellow).
From what i know, its a 2.0 litre, 110bhp.
P.S. I know the engine is 8V, is the Turbo a standard one, or a variable geometry one ?

Greetings daedric and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

daedric, the best route to take is to get diagnostics done to read any faults logged on the engines ecu. if you could find anyone close to you who has peugeot planet software who could do this for you to help pinpoint the problem and avoid wasting money.

daedric, the best route to take is to get diagnostics done to read any faults logged on the engines ecu. if you could find anyone close to you who has peugeot planet software who could do this for you to help pinpoint the problem and avoid wasting money.

I recently had a "generic" mechanic read the errors, only found one related to a rear-drive sensor...