306 XSi hand brake problem

Borg

Car
Peugeot 306 XSi 8v
I have 306 Xsi 2.0 8v 1996 and terrible problem with my hand brake, car have rear disks and hand brake mechanically operate brake piston actually it should have, one wheel (left one) is ok but other is not.
This problem is driving me crazy,
frown.gif
when I pull handbrake left wheel is fixed but right one is not! I have replaced both rear disks and disk pads but with no change, right brake caliper was overhauled because hand brake mechanism was seized in caliper body. Now it is moving but it is not pushing brake piston! I already try to tight brake cable but no improvement.
And brake works when i press pedal but with lever only one wheel.
Does anyone knows what should I do or try?
And I have to mention that my registration is expired so I can't take chance to drive it to authorized mechanic.

I think he means the cable is okay, that or he doesn't he know the condition of them. Get some new handbreak cables and adjust appropriately. It shouldnt be a caliper problem, but if you can try another one. my hand break is rubbish too, but I am still on drums...

Thanks everybody I have finally resolved hand brake problem.
I have once more recheck every thing, handbreak cables were ok, caliper ok and properly assembled and mounted, new disks and pads.
After this recheck I have readjusted braking system and now is working, tomorrow I will go for renewing my registration! :)
This model is coming with rear disks so I think them should be at least as good as drums.

Never ending trouble, now brake is working but it can't hold on completely if it is a little higher climb, the car slide backwards!
I was so happy to move forward to next thing to fix but this brake problem is fixing me in place. ;)