306 shafts fit my 205 1.9gti engine

dougiew101

Car
pug 306 1.6
im trying to put a 1.9gti engine in my 306, just wanted to know what drive shafts i would need to use, would my original 306 shafts work or the 205 ones or neither, also anyone got a 205 exhhaust manifold for sale> thanx all

You need to use 306 shafts as the front track is wider, what gearbox are you using? cause it may affect whether your current shafts are suitable,

Last edited:
You need to use 306 shafts as the front track is wider, what gearbox are you using? cause it may affect whether your current shafts are suitable,

Hi ive got both gearboxs, i think the box on the gti is from a 1.6Gti, what about hubs which is best to use. thanx for ur help mate

Use the 306 hubs mate, the 1.6 gti gearbox has closer ratio's than the 1.9 so the accel will be quicker but you'll loose some top end, its probebly for the best seeing that the 306 is a heavier car, so a 1.6 gti gearbox is good too go for, when ordering suspension upgrades go for stuff that is suitable for the 306's that have the xu engines (1.8 upwards but not the diesels) as the xu block is heavier than the tu (you can use gti-6 standard suspension as it will fit but it's best to buy the part from pug themselves as the shocks are better quality as they were designed in house at the time), also you should consider changing the rear beam to one with discs like on the gti-6 or the xsi or hdi all the rear beams with discs are the same except I think the later ones have slightly larger discs, but you need to change your brake lines a bit and get new handbrake cables for it, also I would say fit the gti-6 front brakes or 206gti180 front brakes,

hope this helps and I haven't said too much
If you have any more questions just keep on posting them :)
Brett

also worth a mention is that you may have to get some shafts from an xu engined 306, not sure though,

also open up a project thread, we seem to be missing something like this on here at the moment, and I'm finding it difficult to piece together all your topics on different thing related to this,

also include photo cause we are all nosey buggers

also worth a mention is that you may have to get some shafts from an xu engined 306, not sure though,

also open up a project thread, we seem to be missing something like this on here at the moment, and I'm finding it difficult to piece together all your topics on different thing related to this,

also include photo cause we are all nosey buggers

sorry bout all the different post am new here n i never new where to post, how do i start the project thread is it just that button below, what will i make the title to get people interested lol
also do u know if i might face electrical problems with the loom or ecu (got the gti 1, i think) or the keycode imobiliser

O yeah I did look into the shafts thing some more,
you will need shafts from an XU engined 306 as the TU gearbox is different,

a 306 1.8, and upwards (including the diesels but not the DW HDi's) will have the required shafts you need, i'm sure there will be plenty in a scrap yard

O yeah I did look into the shafts thing some more,
you will need shafts from an XU engined 306 as the TU gearbox is different,

a 306 1.8, and upwards (including the diesels but not the DW HDi's) will have the required shafts you need, i'm sure there will be plenty in a scrap yard
brilliant mate al get on that, should be albe to get the hubs, brakes and back axle of the same car too, will i need the sub frame or will mines do.

gti6 front brakes and rear axel(xsi and hdi rear axel are the same, any 306 rear axel with discs is the one to go for) would be good, subframe should be fine, your hubs you've got now should also be fine as well :)