306 d turbo squealing on start up

tippy01

Car
mk3 monde 115
hi every one, this is my first post, ive been reading alot about tuning on this site but first need to to stop these squealing sounds under the bonnet but dont really know were to start as ive never really done much mechanical work so any help is much appreciated.

the first squealing noise is when i first start it up in the morning. it starts as soon as the engine starts then stops by the time im changing second gear most times but sometimes it will keep squealing for a while?

ive looked under the bonnet but the engine is that loud i find it hard to tell exactly where its coming from? any ideas??

the second is when i have the steering on full lock, i presume its the power steering pump dieing on me but any help to confirm it would be great.

thanks in advance tippy

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

If you are not mechanically minded then you can spray the belts with Belt Grip and if that does not reduce or eliminate the noise then the source must be something other than the belts slipping.
The car has a turbo and a similar sound can be worn shaft bearings that allow the compressor wheel to make contact with the housing.
To check remove the inlet pipe/hose and check the freeplay to see if the comp wheel can rotate without any contact with the housing,If it does then it needs reconditioning ASAP before the wheels are damaged beyond repair and bits get broken and ingested by the motor.

Sounds like belts are slipping. D turbo's are loud any way mate. Old mechanical diesels are, but if the engine is healthy, you can easily get nearly 180bhp from them without spending silly money.