306 1.9gti?

dougiew101

Car
pug 306 1.6
Please help ppl, can anyone tell me if i can put my mates pug 205 1.9gti engine im my p reg 306 1.6 spinnaker, I know with money no object it could happen but money is an object so how much we talkin, anyone?

My mate thinks the mounts might be in the same place but the manifold's not

Any help appreciated

Cheers, Dougie

for the mounts - just measure them to see if they will fit. for the manifold - does it rub the bulkhead? if not and the whole engine fits in the whole (with the gearbox) then in theory it shouldnt be that difficult to swap. would have thought the engine bay was bigger on a 306?
need to remember about where in relation to all this the driveshafts run so that they will line up with the wheels - suggets first things first - get out with the measuring tape and see if it all fits and the drivershafts will line up?

to do this you will need the gear box from the 1.9gti aswell, it will drop straight in, you will also have to hav a custom down pipe made, manifold should be fine, to get rid of wiring problems i would put twin 45 webbers on it as u dont need an ecu for them.
i also think that you will need the hubs of a GTI6 or a deisel 306 to take the drive shafts from the 205 as ure original ones wont fit the GTI gearbox.
then u will also need the gear linkage from a deisel or the GTI6.
you will also need the subframe from a deisel or GTI6.
if you look under the bonnet, on the passenger side u will notice 2 plugs in the shell wich is were ure engine loom plugs in and runs up into the car, to be fair its alot of wrk especialy if you havnt done anything like this before, it would be easier to my a smashed up 306 GTI6 as it would be nearly a straight forward swop and you would have everything there ready to go in

205GOD: can you use the original 205 gearbox with the 306gti engine? My mate had a 306 Gti (his dad had it from new) and compared to the 1.9 205 i had it wasnt as quick - previously we mated a Mi16 engine with a 1.6 box as it is rumoured to accelerate quicker due to the gearing?

to work out if the engine will fit, look were the starter motor is, if it sits at the front of the engine as it does on the MI16, GTI6, 1.9GTI, 1.6GTI all peugeots and citreon deisels, u can use any of those gearbox's, but u have make sure wt clutch u have, wether its a pull clutch as it is in all 205's or a push clutch as it is in the 405 MI16, the clutch arms are easy to change so to be fair u dnt have to worry.
also with these box's u can swop the diffs in them jst by removing the cover on the back, i was running a MI16 box in my 205 and i destroyed the diff, so i took the diff out of my old 1.9gti and fitted it into my MI16 box, it easy enugh to do, i didnt even take the box out of the car to do it.

each box does perform differently, u will find the 1.6 GTI box is good for the track bt they dnt last long on the MI16 engine, each box is only designed to take a little bit more bhp than the engine it is originaly fitted to.

Spot on mate exactly the info ive needed, looked al over this dam web n nothing without paying to get into owners forums lol, anyway.
Dont really want to go gti6, i like 1.9gti, its a case of seen it, heard it, loved it.
My mates got lots of 1.9gti stuff about, so i would only need the webbers and the stuff from the gti6 or the diesels.
would any 306 diesel do, i take it that they'l be cheaper than the gti6.
Also, alough ive never done any conversions, i own a small tyre garage with a couple of mechanic shops either side of me so the mechanical knowlegde is there if needed.
So do u think my 306 1.9gti dream could happen?

yeah it could definatly happen aslong as u hav the patience lol, somthing i did forget to mention is that you will also need to change ure subframe for either a deisel 1 or a GTI6 1, if you do decide to do this conversion then let me know and i will help you as much as i can, infact i will have everything you will need apart from the carbs to do this conversion at mine in the next week or so lol.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back