300zx Twin Turbo Questions

S

SuppaHotFiya

Well ive had my z32 for a while know and i just wanted to know how I should go abput getting it to 450bhp and what are some good brake kits for the car.Lastly what company makes good coilovers for street applications

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Well ive had my z32 for a while know and i just wanted to know how I should go abput getting it to 450bhp and what are some good brake kits for the car.Lastly what company makes good coilovers for street applications
There are two companies in the US that specialize in Z parts and beyond extensive experience with this car.
1. Stillen in Southern California, wwwstillen.com and CZP in Arizona. Stillen built a 300zx that won the LeMans in its class. Bothe companies have their own shops and CZP has an incredible oem parts list, and Nissan Dealers are buying parts from them.

Have you had a read of this article, http://www.torquecars.com/nissan/300zx-tuning.php I researched a few mods for the 300xz, they are awesome cars to base a project on.
I was at the dealer having some work done on my 94 300zx TT and we had an interesting comparison about the GTR and my TT. This dealership has mechanics that specialize in the TT & GTR. They feel the 300zx TT is much closer to the GTR than it is to the 350 & 370. The person above that wants to increase the horsepower on his 300zx needs to be aware that suspension modifications need to be done to handle the increase in horsepower. The engine has no trouble having very high horsepower modes and in some cases a simple switch in chips may deliver an additional 100HP on the turbo without even touching anything inside the engine. The question is: do you want to modify the car because in the future it will be more valuable completely stock.

I was at the dealer having some work done on my 94 300zx TT and we had an interesting comparison about the GTR and my TT. This dealership has mechanics that specialize in the TT & GTR. They feel the 300zx TT is much closer to the GTR than it is to the 350 & 370. The person above that wants to increase the horsepower on his 300zx needs to be aware that suspension modifications need to be done to handle the increase in horsepower. The engine has no trouble having very high horsepower modes and in some cases a simple switch in chips may deliver an additional 100HP on the turbo without even touching anything inside the engine. The question is: do you want to modify the car because in the future it will be more valuable completely stock.

Hey there everyone. I am new to the site and the tuning world but would like to chime in if I may. I too also just bought a 94 300zx twin turbo with only 74000 miles on it. I would also like to modify it but am looking for more of the 500-600 bhp range. I would love any feedback you can give as well. I am more interested in the enjoyment out of dedicating my time, effort, and obviously money to something I am passionate about. When it comes to the resale value, it is not even a thought. I do not plan on reselling it but would rather have it pass down to my son (10 now) when I pass. I am trying to get him interested in the car scene and he already loves my car stock as it is so I dont believe it will be difficult.

Please refer back to my original post in the new guests forum to see about my initial mods planned and requests for suggestions and comments.

DARYL - THATGUYTHERE

90’ N/A Fairlady jacked for ten years I bought from my father last month. I am in need of a shelter/garage to work on it what is there a best and best value? I also would like to know what to look for once I pull the engine, rebuild kit? I’m does anyone have a working HICAS system?

There are two companies in the US that specialize in Z parts and beyond extensive experience with this car.
1. Stillen in Southern California, wwwstillen.com and CZP in Arizona. Stillen built a 300zx that won the LeMans in its class. Bothe companies have their own shops and CZP has an incredible oem parts list, and Nissan Dealers are buying parts from them.
90’ N/A Fairlady jacked for ten years I bought from my father last month. I am in need of a shelter/garage to work on it what is there a best and best value? I also would like to know what to look for once I pull the engine, rebuild kit? I’m does anyone have a working HICAS system?