3000Gt buyers guide

2cautious

Car
toyota
Hi all, I a m very interested in buying one of these wonderful cars.

But being so technically advanced for its age I think it would be wise

to get some advice from enthusiasts for these cars.

Would like a copy of the guide from Sumiyaka / Country Bumpkin if

possible as this chap seems to be an expert on these cars.

Just drive an every day Toyota saloon , but feel mid- life crisis

coming on , so need something to get the juices flowing.

Thanks, Ken.

Hi. I Purchased a Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo this year. Mine is a a Mk 1 1991 because I think they look better and I wanted to put it on classic car insurance.
I think the best advice I can give you is to check as much as you can before you buy it. I was won over by the custom leather interior and the fact that it only had 66000 miles on the clock...I hadn't done enough research into it and didn't check enough of the car over before handing over the cash.
Since then I have been spending money just putting things right. I still love the car and am stubbornly pumping money into it but I would say make sure that the car has been well looked after, I think this is the main advice any GTO expert would give (I am not one) as any servicing jobs or repair jobs, however small become a big job in a GTO/3000GT.
I don't have the mechanical knowledge to do the work myself and even some professional mechanics won't touch these cars. as you have already said Country Bumpkin is the man with all the knowledge on these cars and even though he isn't as active as he used to be he has still been helpful and answered any questions I have asked him.
Always good to have another GTO owner on the forums to share problems with :p

Chris

Depends if you plan on tuning it really. The ECU will need replacing with one that you can get re-mapped as I've read that the original ECU can't be re-mapped

I have a buyers guide which I wrote a few years back for somewhere else. I has been stolen and published in a couple of magazines, so it can't be bad. I tried to upload it this afternoon but being around 35,000 words long, it wouldn't allow me to publish it in one go [max 10k words]. If a mod can rectify this, I will post it in here for others to read. I may even add to it at some stage.
Publishing it in sections, back to front, is not going to happen.

^^ Hi CB, send Waynne a PM and let him see what he can do with it, he is always looking out for interesting articles to post up ;)

Greetings 2cautious and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Thanks guys for the interest you`ve shown. Would be great if a

techie person could sort out how to get C.B. info on here.

Will sit and wait ( still finding the electric kettle confusing!:embarrest: )

Thanks