3000gt boost control

rossy boy

Wrench Pro
Car
GTO twinturbo
Thinking of gettin' a boost controller and uprating the fuel system to squeeze out some more hp on a 94 3000gt. Is there anything else I need to do so I don't go damaging the engine? looking to get about 400bhp (safely) At a guess it's about 320bhp or so at the moment and will be chipped soon so will find out the true bhp then.

Go for a good boost controller, A-pexi AVCR is excellent. Chipping these motors doesn't work. If your motor is a 3000GT [u.k.spec] not a GTO [import] the stock turbos will push a bit more, maybe up to 400 with a Walbro fuel pump hot wired, good clean injectors, a fuel pressure regulator like an Aeromotive but you will really be at the top end of those turbos and will need the base fuel pressure turned up. The downside to this is controlling fuel pressure at the lower range. You will also need to data log the car to see what's happening inside the engine/fuelling first. Have you had or have proof of full service history ?
If you have doubts or need advice give us a call at the workshop 01579 321010 or have a look at our web site www.sumiyaka.co.uk

"Thinking of gettin' a boost controller and uprating the fuel system to squeeze out some more hp on a 94 3000gt. Is there anything else I need to do so I don't go damaging the engine? looking to get about 400bhp (safely) At a guess it's about 320bhp or so at the moment and will be chipped soon so will find out the true bhp then"

What I did on my friend's 1990 300GT was to replace the ECU with an excellent unit made in the US of A by a company named 034EFI, I threw out all the existing sensors and installed a 60 tooth missing tooth wheel on the crank pulley along with a VR sensor, retained the original injectors but without the resistor pack. The turbos are stock twin mitsibishi TDO4s and have not been modified in any way. If you need furthur details let me know

yes that's right, 60 with 2 missing teeth on the crankshaft pulley, cam sensor disabled, all existing coolant and air temp sensors replaced with GM types, 2 external Bosch fuel pumps with adjustable pressure regulator. the whole setup is very easily tuned to any requirement using any laptop with a series port. Car running reliably in spite of owner thrashing it daily for over 2 years now. Can send you pictures of the car from my comp, but don't know how to post pictures.

Click go advanced, and use the image upload option or the image attachements, They will need to be under 2mb in size though.