3.8 Ralliart Tuning

tlbeck1985

Car
2007 GalantRalliart
I can't find anything on tuning the Galant Ralliart (2007), or really any good afternarket performance items. Any good links or advice would be outstanding!

What are your aims and aspirations? On rare cars like the Galant you really need to import parts. You may find that many of the Lance EVO parts will fit or can be made to fit.

If I had one and wanted more power, I would uprate the turbo setup with hybrids then remap it. Exhaust mods will help in large power gain setups but the standard exhausts flow really well on these.

Sorry for my slow response to your enquiry, I've been a bit stacked out recently with work! ;)

I'd like to tune it, upgrade the cold air and injectors. The muffler is done, want to upgrade the cat as well. Id like to bump it from 260 to around 325...then maybe a 75 shot of nitrous

Turbo or non-turbo?

If you have a turbo a remap will get you to near to 325 on its own. Do some investigation to see how close to 80% duty cycle your existing injectors are before changing them, but my guess is that you will probably need to upgrade them.

A cold air intake, if properly designed and installed, won't do any harm and should provide cooler, denser air.

Get the car remapped only after you have completed the planned mods. You should see 325 without having to go to the expense of replacing the turbo. However, if 325 isn't enough............. :)

Make sure that your cooling system is working properly as the extra power will produce extra heat. 25% more power produces around 25% extra heat which will have to be removed.

Non-turbo. A remap will get you around an extra 20-25bhp. A less restrictive cold feed intake will help you to get to the 25. Bigger injectors won't give you more power unless you can increase the amount of oxygen in the combustion chamber or the existing injectors are maxed out.

A sports cat may add a couple of BHP, don't believe what is says on the box! If you are lucky you may see close to 290 with the above mods. How would you provide the extra fuel for the nitrous?

Last edited:
thank you for the reply. It is a non turbo car unfortunately.do you have any suggestions on where to get the car remapped? I was considering the bigger injectors to provide more fuel for the nitrous.

I am in the UK so have no idea where to go in Indiana :) I suggest that you go to a few car meets and ask around.

Hey how did your tuning go? 5 years later hahaha... I recently bought a 09 ralliart galant, and i was wondering what can I expect to upgrade? Can't find ANYTHING on youtube so decided to find a forum. Please feel free to msg me pictures and details of your build I'd love to see what people are doing to theirs!