240sx rb20det, questions about suspension!!!

rb20det 240sx

Car
240sx rb20det swap
watsup people. i am 16 and getting my car real soon, you can see which one by the headline. im gonna be drifting this car but also driving it around town and to school and stuff. first off i would like to say, i dont want my car to have one of those wierd really flashy body kits that stand out,

i want a really clean looking lowered, wide lookin 240sx, either getn an s14 or a regular 240sx with an s13 rear. then doin an rb20det engine swap. not and SR swap and im getn rid of the KA engine in it, would get an rb26dett or rb30det or any of the bigger engines but cant afford at this age.

um anywayssss, like i said im really trying to go for a clean, lowered, wide look. maybe a simple little body kit that is not flashy at all but that just makes it look a little lower. also am not wanting it to be so low that it rubs the wheel wells, but i want the wheels to look like or be sticking out of the wheel wells a little bit. but i also want performance not just looks.

so for the nissan enthusiasts, i would like to know how i could do these things, and any suggestions for parts, from rims, to rim sizes, to tires, to suspension systems, bushings, coilover springs, and good ways to lower and widen a car, and stiffen suspension, and getting good performance.

i dont know very much about suspension and im really trying to do good research, but while im researching i figured i could ask real people that know how to. thankkssss

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum,

KW do good coilovers for the road and track, you can lower it as much or as little as you want on those,

body kits wise, i would leave it standard and maybe put a little boot spoiler,

toyo r888's are good drift tyres, and don't forget you need a locking diff so the car will slide properly

yea i think that leaving the body stock looks nice, but the idea i had was to buy fiberglass body parts to make it lighter. and its easy to find the fiberglass parts, i dont want the wierd lookin flashy things, just like widened fiberglass fenders and then as close to stock bumbers sides etc, as i can find, im making it black with a carbon fiber hood, and i dont like the big spoilers very much, just like little lips and stuff on the back of the trunk. also putting dark bronze rims on it. thank you, everyones information and opinions really help :)

yeah fiberglass body part will reduce weight, I dare say best thing to do is go custom if you want wider arches, but obviously for it to look right you need the wheels to fill them as well,

also you want to get it mapped to make sure the power/torque delivery is smooth so it's easier to drift