208 1.2VTi

fmgc13

Car
Hi I'm new around here. I was offered a new 208 with a 1.2 VTi 82bhp engine. What could i do to improve the car perfomance? I wanted to get some ideas vs prices. The objective would be to increase the bhp (maybe to 100/110? ) but i'm really new to this so i would like some opinions. Thanks!

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Of what i read i was thinking: air induction kit, panel air filter and remap. Also wanted to change the rear brakes from drums to discs, can it be done?

Of what i read i was thinking: air induction kit, panel air filter and remap. Also wanted to change the rear brakes from drums to discs, can it be done?

It's either one or the other buddy, you can have an AIK or a performance panel filter replacement. The remap is a good start but do not expect too much - it is a 1.2! Spend the money on good brakes and an upgrade to your suspension to increase your road handling ability. Yes the drums can be replaced with discs, you will need to resource a suitable donor car from the 208 range. Remember that all the money you spend will not be returned to you when you eventually sell the car.

My suggestion to you would be to use the car for what it is and save your money for something infinitely more tuneable.

I don't want to see you waste your money buddy, so please take the advice in the spirit in which it was given :wink:

Between the AIK and the performance panel filter which is preferable? how much power would i gain and how much would it cost?

Yes, the idea is just to get it a bit more nippier without spending a lot of money. Thanks for your help

I would opt for the performance panel filter over the AIK. The remap I would conservatively estimate about 10% power increase, but I cannot see anything more than that. As for costs I cannot help you there as you are in another country completely. I will say this though, ring around as prices vary wildly. At a guess I would say between £25 & £60 for the panel filter, £100 - £300 for the remap.

How much would the panel air filter give me in BHP? which one should i buy or were should i search?

Can i mount it myself?

Sorry for all the questions :p thanks a lot

1 BHP if you are lucky, the idea is to make the engine breath better. Try eBay with your car details for suitable suppliers.
Yes you can do this yourself quite easily.

And what are the advantages of the engine breathing easily?

The engine power is all about the air that it can take in, the fuel is matched to it electronically via a modern day ECU and thus more power. If you will excuse me now, it just happens to be Christmas Day and some of us have some celebrating to do :wink:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back