206 gti supercharged

Alf1964

Car
peugeot 206 gti
Hi all

New to the forum, I have been reading about mods on 205's and 106's and the like. I have a 206 gti 130bhp and at the moment a full stainless steel exhaust system (sports cat) panel k&n filter, I've removed the original air intake pipe and replaced it with 110mm intake pipe. The car seems fairly quick but is not so quick from the mark. My question is what would the next step be in the mod listing to get a quicker response from start??? also i've been looking at the suggestions for super chargers, are these a straight forward upgrade without the addition of numerous changes to the car to compensate for the power increase and of course can one be introduced to a 206 (space permitting).
Cheers

Just thought i would say hi

cant really help you though i dont have a clue about engines i prefer the style more than anything and the ICE any questions about that and ill try to help!!

hope you hang around!!!

hey and welcome mate

have you looked at shortening the gear ratio (a small changed can be done by fitting small wheels) this wil allow you to get into the power band quicker, downside however you will lose your top speed.

superchargers, yes they can be a easy upgrade but you need to run low boost. if your after a bit amount of gain youll need to rebuild the engine for lower compression. this in itself can cause a problem as youll lose lower down torque. whether or not they fit in is a different matter. if not you could look into the possibility of a remote turbo (turbo is fitted in the exhaust, normally in place of a silencer)

have you changed the fuel pressure regulator ? this may give you a more responsive throttle response. changing the exhaust manifold can also give an improvement in torque
also look towards cams and gas flowing the head.

Sorry not responded sooner,
Thanks alot for the info, i think the super charger is a bit out of my league what with boost and lowering compression and the like, just go and buy a 180hp engine easier. But i wanted to get a bit something better out of this old 130hp engine. I think that the cam route with a better flow head is possibly the easier and cheaper alternative to having rebuild the engine . Thnaks again for all the info.

Hi and welcome Alf, great to have you along. Keep us posted with your project developments.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back