206 GTi Rough idle and poor throttle response

twincam

Car
206 gti
Hi
need advice on the following please.have a few issues, so pls forgive the long note.
Recently, my pug has started idling really rough,especially in the mornings when cold. It does get better once warm, but still is not close to the smooth idle that it had before.All of this started after i had to change teh crank sensor following a leaking water pipe.Also did a service at the time and changed plugs,oil,filters (air,fuel,pollen)
I have tried cleaning the intake housing with carb cleaner but nothing.It is at around 1000rpm when the entire car shudders ar idle.
Also, the throttle reponse seems to have disappeared and the power just doesnt feel the same (feels much slower).
And now when I hold the rev at , say 2000rpm, even though my foot is steady, I can still see the rev needle fluctuate slightly.I neve used to do this. Is some sensor damaged .Please help

Well turbonutter69, am not too savvy with FI, but with the carbs when this occurred, the fault generally could be attributed to:
a. The vacuum hose
b. Failing coil, point, condenser
c. Blocked jets/ air intake( air intake, he has already attended to)

Mebbe with the Knock-sensor, he could also look into cleaning the injectors and checking with a replacement coil? And check the HT leads of the plugs. And then finally the timing.

I donno, but thats my opinion, though m sure you would be able to guide him best.

Thanks for the response guys
@turbonutter - havent checked the knock sensor.Didn't even know that this sensor could be a casue of these symtoms ( I'm am still learning though:)) )So, is it worth me removing this sensor and cleaning it or replacing it totally or is there a special way to check this sensor?
@picassoonwheels - did try a new coilpack which seemd to make the idling even worse at normal temp as well. Checked for leaks on the intake hoses and didnt find anything though. When you mention vacuum hoses, I did replace the oil breather pipe that runs from the cylinder head to the intake hose.Got it from the dealer .Cant see any other vacuum hoses that I could check.
Is there any possibility that the oil can casue this kind of issue as well?I used the recommended oil from euro car parts which was valvoline full synthethic 5w30 i think?