206 GTI fault

pug206

Wrench Pro
Car
pug 206 GTI
hi i have 2 faults with my 206 GTI the first one it everytime i start it up i get anti poluttion fault on the center display it started after we had some snow here i also had the cat converter fault cum up after the snow but that stoped a few days after but this is still coming up and the second fault it the heaters are making a sort of wining sound anyone got any ideal about the faults i am getting
thanks

i had the same problem i read on the internet that it is caused by crap supermarket fuel so you have to either fill it up with bp premium fuel and drive it for a bit or if you get the car moving in second gear and put your foot down to build up your revs to about 4000 rpm and turn your engine off (dont remove the key) then keeping it in second gear bump the car whilst it is still moving and the fault will clear and never return. trust me this worked on mine

hi thanks for the reply but i have sorted it out put it on a diagnostic machine and it ended up being the cat so had a new one put on and a new lamber sensor and it running like a dream

hi i have 2 faults with my 206 GTI the first one it everytime i start it up i get anti poluttion fault on the center display it started after we had some snow here i also had the cat converter fault cum up after the snow but that stoped a few days after but this is still coming up and the second fault it the heaters are making a sort of wining sound anyone got any ideal about the faults i am getting
thanks
Get yourself an OBD11 Bluetooth adapter on ebay, will cost u around £7.00 download the free app to your phone/tab plug it in ECU boss. Remove panel in foot well under st wheel you will find it top right. Any error codes will be stored and you can reset the them . Or it will tell you which sensor is faulty. Try it before you pay auto elec,rates.